Veterinary Nurse Required At White Cross Vets, Roundhay, Leeds
3 weeks ago
White Cross Vets, Roundhay
Leeds, West Yorkshire, United KingdomThe Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Nurse to join our team here at White Cross Vets! To be successful in this role, you will be passionate about providing high quality clinical care to all pets. You will provide an outstanding client experience and help to create and maintain an efficient clinic. The successful candidate will uphold and adhere to the White Cross Vets Principles both within the clinic and when representing White Cross Vets externally at all times.
We are a small animal practice. The successful candidate will work 37.5 hours per week, split across 5 week days, and a share of Saturdays with time given back for Saturday hours. No out of hours are required for this role.
Practices that truly look after their team members are hard to come by. That's where White Cross Vets stand out. Our super Roundhay team are looking for an experienced Veterinary Nurse to join them for a fixed term to cover a period of maternity leave, starting in September/October 2021. Based in the lovely suburb of Roundhay, just outside of Leeds, our clinic is very well equipped with digital and dental x-ray, ultrasound , endoscope and Laparascope as well as an in house laboratory. Our Clinic Director, Andy, is currently undertaking a medical certificate. Alongside this, our vet Suzanne is doing an imaging certificate and our vet Lauren does Laparoscopic surgery so there is a varied case load.
As one of the top employers in the UK, we offer candidates an excellent package with the opportunity to enjoy a superb work/life balance. The team have a huge interest in supporting their local community. They treat local school pets for free and often get involved in community work.
The Winning Candidate
We are looking for a highly motivated veterinary nurse who can thrive in our high-quality practice to cover this period of maternity leave. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
• Experience in UK / Small Animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
• Generous holiday allowance
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £600 CPD Allowance per annum
• SimplyHeath Plan
• VDS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
• Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Practice social events
• Opportunity for career development
• Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Enhanced parental leave pay
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH3366 when applying for this role.
Address: 31 Street Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom