OOH RVN Required At Clent Hills - Hagley
1 week ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
Clent Hills Vets
Susana Belles Jimenez
Hagley, Worcestershire, United KingdomAre you a self-motivated hard working individual that seeks a challenge? Then we may have the position for you! Clent Hills Vet Group are seeking OOHs Registered Nurse/ Second Year Student Nurse to join their practice in Hagley.
Clent Hills are a three tier small animal practice; Bromsgrove, Hagley and Rubery with hydrotherapy and an OOHs service; we not only cover our own OOHs but OOHs for local nearby practices. We are seeking either a Registered Veterinary Nurse or a confident second year student nurse to be our vets’ second pair of hands, and support animals and clients in the most critical hours.
What can we offer you?
• Generous CPD allowance
• Paid RCVS memberships
• Four week holidays (to include bank holidays)
• £20,000-£25,000 - dependant on experience and qualification levels
• The choice of working a full week to include a week off after nights and a week or two weeks of day work. We are open to suggestions and ideas as this is a new role. Help us decide and be part of the challenge!
Endoscopy, radiography, ultrasound, orthopaedic work, dentistry (we encourage nurses to carry out scale and polishing). You will be carrying out schedule three tasks under the guidance of a veterinary surgeon.
What would be expected of you?
• Onsite, this is an awake shift not a sleeping shift
• Handover from the evening staff (nurses and vets)
• You would have sole charge of the phones, answering calls from clients, creating a record of the phone calls and then referring onto the duty vet. We like initiative so an RVN would be able to screen any ‘none emergency calls’ for example my puppy has worms!
• Inpatient care, the role would be at the Hagley branch so you would have all the facilities in order to care for inpatients, a separate canine, feline and isolation ward
• Caring for patients that have had orthopaedic procedures
• Deep cleaning of wards/theatres and equipment on nights that aren’t as busy
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your emergency OOHs experience, with the added bonus of creating a work life pattern that could be just perfect for you! We encourage nurses that work the night shifts to keep a hand in day work, so if you wanted all night work then we can discuss further about the possibility of day work shifts e.g. one a month to ensure that you feel supported and part of the Clent Hills team!
Address: 12 Kidderminster Road, Hagley, Worcestershire, United Kingdom