Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Avenue Vets, Malvern
£20,000-£25,000 depending on experience
Avenue Veterinary Centre - Malvern
Malvern, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
We are expanding, and an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Nurse to join our team here at Avenue Vets, Malvern! No day will be the same and won’t ever get tedious. Your role will be equally shared on nurse clinics, theatre, and kennels along with a few other responsibilities.
Responsibilities to inpatients, managing ops lists and consulting. A typical example of the rota will be 4.5 day working weeks. 2 early shifts, 2 late shifts and a half day per week. You will have a great work/life balance with only 1 in 5/6 weekend Saturday morning surgeries with only inpatient out of hours. Salary for the role is between £20,000-£25,000 depending on experience.
We are located in a modernised Victorian building at the base of the Malvern Hills in the heart of Great Malvern. Superb Transport links by rail and road - direct train services to London. Birmingham and Bristol < 1 hour away. Great outdoor activities in local area to keep you active and on your toes!
Facilities in the practice include:
Separate cat/dog/small furry friends wards, isolation facilities, digital radiography, endoscopy, ultrasound, laser, operating theatre, separate dental room, in house lab, visiting orthopaedic specialists.
We have a great friendly supportive team. We are expanding and this is an additional new position.
About the Team and Culture
· 6 vets (5FTE), 5 RVN's (4FTE), 1 SVN, 1 ANA, 4 Receptionists, Grooming Onsite
· Visiting orthopaedic specialists
· Staff dog kennels available
· We do work for CP and a local superbly run local animal rescue shelter that rehome 250-300 animals per year and get involved with their fundraising.
Qualified RVN. Recently qualified or very experienced both considered.
Happy to do nurse clinics, GA's, kennels. A keen desire to progress and further qualifications (eg certificates) would be supported and funded.
A good team player who wants to learn from others, teach others and enjoy their job!
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
· 4 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
· 3 days paid CPD leave
· £550 CPD allowance per annum
· RCVS Membership paid
· Service based holiday entitlement increases
· VDS cover
· Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
· Enhanced paternity pay
· Birthday leave
· Discounted veterinary fees
· My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
· Cycle to Work scheme
· CPD/training support
· Paid bereavement leave
· Company sick pay
· Employee opinion survey
· Annual pay reviews
· Social events
· Academy & Leadership courses
· Focus on employee wellbeing
· Relocation packages
· Career progression opportunities
· Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH3715 when applying for this role
Address: The Gables, 17 Avenue Road, Malvern, Worcestershire, United Kingdom