Veterinary Surgeon Required At Abervet - Aberdeen, Scotland.
2 months ago
Nigg Kirk Road, Aberdeen, United KingdomThe Role
We are looking for a full time, permanent, Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly and supportive team at Abervet. This is a small animal only role, with no OOH. Hours midweek are negotiable between the hours of 8am-7pm, Monday to Friday, Saturday mornings are a requirement.
Abervet have two locations in Aberdeen, we are a RCVS general accredited practice and a RVN training practice. Our team which consists of 3.5FTE Vets including certificate holders and a experienced and reliable RVN/Support team, work between our two sites, one of which is a smaller consult only site. We offer digital/dental x-ray, ultrasound, and an in-house lab. Aberdeen and the surrounding areas offer so much with the Grampian Mountains to the west and miles of unspoiled coastline to the east. Aberdeen airport and rail station are easily accessible with good connections.
Candidate must be registered with the RCVS and have a valid UK driving licence. Experience in a UK SA practice preferable with confidence in consults, surgical work and medicine work ups. It is important the applicant is comfortable with sole charge.
Benefits (Subject to pro rata)
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Job Ref: BH1901
Address: Nigg Kirk Hall, Nigg Kirk Road, Aberdeen, United Kingdom