Veterinary Surgeon Required At Town And Country Vet Group In Clayton-Le-Moors, Accrington
2 months ago
Up to £40,000 FTE DOE
Town And Country Veterinary Group, Clayton-Le-Moors
Clayton-le-Moors, Accrington, United Kingdom
We are currently looking for a confident recently graduated Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly and longstanding team in Blackburn, Lancashire due to an increase in clients on our books. Our ideal applicant would have previous experience in a small animal practice with a confident approach and keen to offer gold standard care to our clients and bring their up-to-date knowledge. This is a fulltime role, working 40 hours per week over 4 days. Weekday shifts are 09:00 – 19:00. There’s a shared Saturday rota (1:4), you’ll receive time off in lieu for working the Saturday.
What’s on offer?
- A salary of up to £40,000 DOE.
- Relocation support of up to £5000.
- A welcome bonus of up to £1500 (pro rata) for new hires.
- A great rota with no out of hours allowing for a healthier work life balance.
Town and Country Veterinary Group is a RCVS accredited practice based in Lancashire with easy access to Manchester, Liverpool, and the Lake District. We have three branches within a short distance of each other in Blackburn, Clayton-Le-Moors, and Whalley, providing the local area with the highest standards of patient and client care. Our vets have a normal 'home practice' with occasional shifts at the other sites. At both Blackburn & Clayton-Le-Moors we possess digital x-ray, a separate theatre and prep area, surgical electrocautery, haematology and biochemistry capabilities in-house, a modern laptop ultrasound machine based out of Blackburn, and the option of a visiting specialist ultrasound service at all sites for those more complex cases. Whalley serves as a branch feeding more complex cases into these two but does still possess a biochemistry machine and space for minor surgical procedures. We have a fabulous team of 8 Veterinary Surgeons, 7 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 8 Support staff all with a wealth of experience and are looking forward to welcoming our new team member into the fold. We offer a great work life balance and when possible, we hold a charity event for guide dogs in the picturesque Ribble Valley which we all enjoy getting involved in.
Don’t just take our word for it, here’s what the team have to say about life at Town and Country:
- “The team here is friendly, much like a family! When the going gets touch we all come together as a team, “Town and Country Warriors”. – Michelle and Sarah, RVNs.
- “I love working with the team, nothing is ever too much trouble! There’s always someone on hand to support you.” Greg, Vet.
We are looking for a friendly, confident and enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to deliver the highest standards of patient and client care, keen to join a practice and bring their own ideas. The position would suit a vet enthusiastic to work up their cases with support from their experienced colleagues. An area of interest would be beneficial and encouraged, and the certificate pathway could be explored and supported for the right candidate.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
· 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
· 5 days paid CPD leave
· £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
· Private Medical Insurance
· VDS Membership paid
· BVA Membership paid
· Service based holiday entitlement increases
· VDS cover
· Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
· Enhanced paternity pay
· Birthday leave
· Discounted veterinary fees
· My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
· Cycle to Work scheme
· CPD/training support
· Paid bereavement leave
· Company sick pay
· Employee opinion survey
· Annual pay reviews
· Social events
· Sponsorship for overseas employees
· Academy & Leadership courses
· Focus on employee wellbeing
· Relocation packages
· Career progression opportunities
· Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6788 as a reference.
Address: 69 Whalley Road, Clayton-le-Moors, Accrington, United Kingdom