Veterinary Surgeon Required At Abbey Veterinary Clinic, Arbroath
2 weeks ago
up to £55,000 depending on experience
Abbey Veterinary Clinic
Arbroath, Angus, United Kingdom
An excellent opportunity has become available at Abbey Veterinary Clinic. The successful candidate will be responsible for their own caseload and ensuring client satisfaction. We are looking for a confident and experienced vet, as there will be an element of sole charge. Typical caseloads include operating on sick/injured animals, neutering animals, dental work, consulting with owners and carrying out diagnostics.
Rota and Salary
- 4-5 days per week although we can be flexible
- 2 x shifts finishing at 18:30, 3 x shifts finishing at 17:00
- Half-day within the week
- Weekends working a Saturday clinic in Forfar from 9-11 then in Arbroath from 11-12:30
- OOH - 1-2 nights on call per week, and 1 weekend on call in 5
The salary for this role is up to £55,000 depending on experience. Relocation allowance of up to £5,000.
Abbey Veterinary Clinics is a well-established mixed practice located in the idyllic county of Angus, with branches in Forfar and Arbroath. We are in close proximity to the beautiful glens with major cities such Dundee, Aberdeen, and Edinburgh not too far away either. Our split is 90% small animal and 10% large animal. Both clinics are fully equipped to provide excellent patient care and Arbroath has recently been renovated, and there is more improvement to come across both sites. Both clinics have digital x-ray equipment, im3 dental machines, and idexx laboratories. We operate and consult in both clinics daily and see a variety of patients/cases. We provide our own out of hours cover to the local community and pride ourselves on still being able to do so.
About the Team and Culture
Our close-knit team is made up of 16, made up of 2 Clinical Directors, 3 Vets, 4 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 SVN, 1 ACA, 3 Receptionists, 1 Administrator, and 1 Practice Manager. We all share the same goal and are hoping to find someone to share in the success with. We are hoping our new vet will be able to slot into the team and bring some new ideas to our practice meetings which usually involve a delicious meal. When we're not talking business, we usually find a nice place to host a team gathering.
- Comfortable with large/small animal work
- Must be RCVS registered
- Full UK driver’s license essential
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5719 when you apply.
Address: Arbroath, Angus, United Kingdom