Veterinary Surgeon Required At Fenaghy Veterinary Clinic, Ballymena
Up to £40,000 FTE DOE
Fenaghy Veterinary Clinic, Ballymena
Ballymena, Antrim, United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced small animal vet surgeon to work within our Ballymena & Antrim veterinary practices, ideally on a full-time basis (we will also consider part time applications). Working on caseloads from Orthopaedics, dentals, soft tissue surgery, medicine cases as well as routine surgeries. Ideally looking for an experienced small animal vet surgeon that is competent in all routine surgeries and have sole charge experience. Must be RVCS registered, relocation package available.
Salary up to £40,000 FTE depending on experience.
We have excellent facilities including digital x-ray, ultrasound and in-house laboratory and we would happily get more specialist things if you have a particular interest you want to develop as we have a focus on clinical excellence and client care. We have an experienced team of 7 vets, 12 nurses, 5 receptionists, 1 practice manager alongside our visiting specialist Ophthalmologist
About the Team and Culture
Our Veterinary surgeons hold certificates in Orthopaedic surgery and Soft Tissue Surgery. They are currently completing certificates in Dermatology and Exotics. We are located 40 minutes from the North Coast and 30 minutes from Belfast. Local train and bus services available
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring veterinary surgeon with excellent communication skills The ideal candidate will be RCVS registered, post qualification experience and will be comfortable doing independent consults and basic ops.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6647 as a reference when applying for this role.
Address: 133 Galgorm Road, Ballymena, Antrim, United Kingdom