Experienced Veterinary Surgeon Required At Chiltern Equine Clinic, Blueberry Farm
2 months ago
Up to £60,000 DOE
Chiltern Veterinary Services, Blueberry Farm
Warfield, Berkshire, United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced Equine Veterinary Surgeon to join our busy expanding team at our well established and progressive Equine Hospital in Berkshire. The role will include a mixture of ambulatory and hospital work, covering our clinics, supported by our team of experienced and supportive Veterinary Surgeons and Interns.
The salary for this role is up to £60,000 depending on experience.
We are a 'Tier 3'- RCVS Accredited Hospital, with a fun, friendly and sociable team, made up of 13 Vets (including CertAVP's), 8 Nurses (registered/ student /nursing technicians), and 12 members of a further Support Team in Reception. We also have other consultants regularly visiting the practice.
Chiltern Equine Clinic proudly boasts a full surgical suite, a Standing MRI unit, and a large array of state-of-the-art equipment including portable, digital radiography and ultrasonography, dynamic endoscopy, Mobile Gastroscopy, and an in-house laboratory.
We would be interested to hear from experienced vets, with an interest in sport horse lameness/medicine and a certificate holder an advantage, otherwise full support to train towards achieving a certificate will be given.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Relocation allowance of up to £4,000
• Accommodation can be provided if required
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6771.
Address: Kingscroft Lane, Warfield, Berkshire, United Kingdom