Veterinary Surgeon Intern Required At Chiltern Equine Clinic, Blueberry Farm
£26,000 depending on experience.
Chiltern Equine Clinic, Blueberry Farm
Berkshire, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity at Chiltern Equine Clinic for a qualified vet to join us on an Equine Only internship for 12 months!
You will assist with lameness, medical and surgical cases, with the opportunity to attend some ambulatory calls with the backup and support of our experienced vet team.
You will end the programme being fully experienced in;
- Lameness assessment/ performing all joint and nerve blocks/ performing and reading ultrasound images and radiography
- PRP treatment and Joint medications
- Reproductive work including AI and Embryo transfer
- Castrations and minor surgeries
- Dental: routine and specialised diagnostics and treatments
- Medical workups and treatments
- Endoscopy and Gastroscopy
- Colic workups
- Assisting in major surgeries (preparation for residency programmes)
- Sarcoid and Melanoma removal with Laser and Surgical excision
You will be appointed a vet GDPR advisor and all accommodation including utility bills will be included. We will provide you with a fully insured vehicle that is maintained by us, as well as a veterinary kit supplied for work purposes!
The shift pattern is 5 days a week, plus weekends and out of hours on a rota basis.
The salary for this role is up to £26,000 depending on experience.
We are a tier 3 RCVS accredited hospital in Berkshire. We pride ourselves in the quality of our intern training and we guarantee that upon completion of our unique programme you can leave us competent in all areas of Equine practice.
Our friendly team is made up of 10 vets, including cert VP, 8 nurses plus technicians and 12 members of our wonderful support team! We also have regularly visiting consultants.
We have all the usual toys including; a full surgical suite, MRI and a large array of state-of-the-art equipment including portable digital radiography and ultrasonography, dynamic endoscopy, Mobile Gastroscopy and an in-house lab.
The position will include Hospital caseload and ambulatory call, meaning the successful candidate will gain experience in all areas of equine practice. Several of our interns have stayed with us to become assistants, as they enjoy our supportive team and fear-free environment. Those who have left have progressed to residency programmes in the UK or even abroad!
MRCVS qualified veterinary surgeon, no experience necessary. Our ideal candidate will be motivated, enthusiastic and keen to learn.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH4675 when applying for this role.
Address: Kingscroft Lane, Berkshire, United Kingdom