Small Animal Vet Job, Bermuda J168744
3 weeks ago
£60000.00 - £90000.00 per Annum
Exciting opportunity for a small animal Veterinary Surgeon looking for a life changing adventure to Bermuda, a subtropical island in the pacific known for its white beach, blue skies and a perfect outdoors lifestyle.
Prospect Health are pleased to be working with one of the leading small animal hospitals on the island of Bermuda, an island known for its white beaches, blue skies, yearlong warm climate, coral reefs, golf courses and much more. As a British Overseas Territory, Bermuda has a distinct British American culture. Therefore, despite being on the other side of the world, integration will be seamless and you'll feel at home in no time.
The practice itself is the islands leading hospital verging on referral centre, with all the facilities and equipment you would expect in an up-to-date hospital in the UK, including a comprehensive array of surgical kit, ECG and multi-parameter monitors, digital radiography, ultrasound, tonopen, digital dental radiography, as well a fully equipped in-house lab and much more. You will be working alongside a friendly and supportive vet team with a good balance between experience and youth, making it a vibrant and fun place to work. There is a team of 6 vets and 6 nurses, not to mention the dedicated front of house team who all form part of their close-knit team.
In terms of work-life balance, there wouldn't be much point in moving to such a nice part of the world if you don't get the opportunity to enjoy it. That's why they offer a rota that gives you plenty of time to soak up the sun and make the most of the outdoor lifestyle that Bermudians enjoy. You will only ever work 4 days in a week and they will be bunched together, giving you a minimum of 3 days off in a row, or 6 if they fall back to back (something many of the vets use to have a mini break without using any of their holiday allowance). New York is only a 2hr flight away, making this a popular destination for many of the islanders. You will be required to be on call 1 night a week (never during your days off) so being comfortable with out of hours is a requirement.
Salaries for veterinary surgeons on the island are much higher than the UK and therefore if successfully you can expect to be offered in the region of $80k - $120k depending on experience. All of your flights and visa expenses will be covered by the practice and help with accommodation can be provided initially to help with relocation. CPD is highly encouraged so you will have plenty of opportunity to continue progressing your knowledge and experience. If this sounds like an opportunity you want to explore, simply apply below, or contact us for a confidential chat to find out more.
- Relocation opportunity to a leading small animal hospital on the subtropical island of Bermuda
- Situated in the pacific, just north of the Caribbean you can expect a yearlong warm climate, white beaches and blue skies and an active outdoor lifestyle
- Bermuda is a British Overseas Territory so you can expect a British American culture, making integration easy
- This is a small animal hospital that provides first opinion and emergency care to the pets of the island
- Excellent facilities including a comprehensive array of surgical kit, ECG and multi-parameter monitors, digital radiography, ultrasound, tonopen, digital dental radiography, as well a fully equipped in-house lab and much more
- Friendly and experience 6 vet team
- Support from 6 nurses and a team of receptionists
- 4 day week with plenty of time off between to enjoy the sun
- 1 night a week on call - vets take a pager home with them
Package and Benefits
- Salary in the region of £60k - £90k
- Flights and visa expenses paid for
- Support towards accommodation to assist with relocation
- CPD funded and encouraged
- Excellent work life balance
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- You must be registered with the RCVS
- Ideally you will have at least 2 years of UK or US small animal experience
- You will be comfortable with being on call and dealing with emergency cases
- You are a friendly and compassionate individual who enjoys building strong relationships with colleagues and clients alike
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this Veterinary Job please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.
Tel: 01423 813453
Address: Bermuda, Bermuda