Clinical Director Required At Bridge St Vets, Driffield
2 months ago
Up to £80,000 DOE
Driffield, Bristol, United Kingdom
Are you looking to shape the future of a well-equipped modern practice? Bridge Street Vets have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Vet to join their practice as Clinical Director. We are looking for a candidate that possesses a can-do attitude to take ownership of Bridge Street. You will have the opportunity to drive the practice forward with the support of a close-knit friendly team. You will have the support of an experienced Practice Manager and Head Nurse, along with support from the wider team. This is a super opportunity for an experienced clinical director looking for a new challenge. Due to the support available it would also be a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their veterinary management career.
What’s on offer?
- A salary of up to £80,000 depending on experience.
- Relocation support of £5000.
- A welcome bonus of £5000.
- Financial support for certificate study, we can offer a caseload that would support studies in the following areas; surgery, medicine, dentistry, and diagnostic imaging.
- A well-balanced caseload with equal surgical/consulting shifts.
- An opportunity to tailor the workload to your specific interests.
The rota is designed with work life balance in mind - you will work 4 days a week and we can accommodate a fixed day off per week. Full time hours are 8.30-7 and 1 in 3 Saturday mornings (consults only) with only occasional on-call (one week night every 2 weeks and one weekend every 3 months). There is a degree of flexibility so if you like the sound of the role but are looking for a different working pattern then please do contact us to discuss this further.
Here’s what the team have to say about working at Bridge Street:
“Before I settled at Bridge Street Vets I was a locum nurse and worked at about 12 practices around the country so I have worked in my fair share of different teams. I have to say that this practice is a very friendly but, professional environment to work in with lots of room to develop and grow your skills. If something is not right like you have a lot going on or its getting too much, we support you and give you that time that you need. Not everyday is perfect and we see our fair share of mixed days but, the way we get through those days is we hold each other up with a chat, a laugh and a good cup of tea...or coffee, what ever takes your fancy.” - Lyuba, Head RVN
“I have been a part of the Bridge Street Family for nearly 7 years and joining us you'd be welcomed as part of a tight knit, warm, jovial, hardworking team! Inside of work we have many areas of interest, including cat and exotic enthusiasts, internal medics, dental buffs, keen surgeons and a fab team of friendly receptionists! We have lots of modern equipment and always strive to achieve best practice! We also make a lot of plans to do things outside of work, so if you're new to the area, you'll be well looked after! We're all excited to welcome a new person to the team!” - Amy RVN
Bridge Street Vets was established in 2013 and in a relatively short time has become a very well-respected practice in the town, largely due to our people-orientated approach. We see a varied caseload and offer a fantastic pet health club encouraging preventative health care! We have achieved ISFM silver cat friendly status and one of our vets has a keen interest in feline medicine. Our head nurse has a keen interest in exotics and hold a diploma in advanced nursing of exotic animals.
One of the great things about Bridge Street is that we are a small and close-knit practice. You will have the opportunity to get to know our clients really well and we prioritise case continuity. We price ourselves on providing a high level of patient care and customer service and are looking for a likeminded individual to continue to champion this approach.
Our building is bright, modern, and spacious and the south-facing gardens to the rear provide us with the ideal place for a quiet and relaxing sunny summertime lunch break. Plans are afoot to further develop the space by adding in a dental suite complete with dental x-ray and a third consult room.
• Two consulting rooms with height adjustable tables (with a third planned)
• Separate dog and cat waiting areas and inpatient wards
• Isolation ward
• Imaging room, with digital x-ray processor and ultrasound scanner
• In-house IDEXX haematology and biochemistry analysers
• Dedicated operating theatre
• Large preparation area
• Dental x-ray and dedicated dental suite soon to be implemented
• VN training practice
• Cat-Friendly Clinic
About the Team and Culture
We are a fantastic team of 3 vets, 3 registered veterinary nurses, a student veterinary nurse and experienced dedicated support staff. Our Vet Surgeons are extremely passionate about providing top standards of care. One of our vets is part through a certificate in feline medicine and our head nurse holds a diploma in advanced nursing of exotic animals.
We are keen to further develop specific interests with professional development and firmly believe in working together, discussing cases, and supporting each other. Our Nurses and support team form the backbone of a well-run and organised practice. The out of hours is shared with a local practice which also provides a wider team to support one another both clinically and pastorally.
We are a friendly and sociable team; we support and look after each other during the working day and enjoy getting together outside of work. Most recently we all went bowling together. Our Practice Manager is a mental health first aider.
The right candidate will be an experienced Veterinary Surgeon capable of delivering high-quality and personable veterinary care. You will be ready for the challenge of leadership, although we can support development if required. A desire to be involved in the development and growth of the practice is vital. You will need good clinical knowledge and sound judgement and the ability to mentor.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days hours paid pro rata
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Quote BH7155 when applying for this role.
Address: 21 Bridge Street, Driffield, Bristol, United Kingdom