Maternity Cover Veterinary Surgeon Required At Vet On The Hill, Caterham
4 weeks ago
Up to £400 per day
Keynsham, Bristol, United KingdomThe Role
We are looking for a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team at Vet on the hill for a fixed term maternity contract. We would ideally like someone who can work a 3/4 day week with 1 in 5 Saturdays (Negotiable) The practice is open between 8am and 7pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am and 12.30pm on Saturdays. No out of hours required. Salary will reflect on experience and qualifications.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Provide clients with a high standard of customer care and service
• Write up all cases in full, monitor hospitalised patients and communicate information to the nursing staff, check all pricing communicated back to the client
• Inform clients of test results and update on progress after treatment
• Positively communicate to all clients on progress, results, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment options and costs involved at all times
• Maintain membership of the Royal College of Veterinary surgeons
• Present a professional approach and smart appearance at all times, ensure an effective consultation process for all patients
• Record all patient information, treatment, diagnostic reports and charges into the PMS
• Understand and comply with your legal obligations in relation to prescription safe keeping and supply of Veterinary medicinal products
• Maintain personal CPD as per RCVS guidelines
Established in 2014, Vet on the hill is a modern, single site, small animal clinic 5 vet FTE small animal practice in the lovely town of Caterham. Close links to the M25, London and the beautiful Surrey Hills. We have great facilities, and a very friendly and supportive team of vets, nurses and receptionists. We are passionate about great client care and high welfare standards. Our practice is very well equipped with digital x-ray, dental x-ray, high spec ultrasound, endoscopy, multi parameter GA monitors, digital tonometry etc.
Our team is made up of 8 Vets, 7 RVN's, 3 receptionists/admin and 1 nursing assistant, all who love a constant supply of cake and biscuits!
The ideal candidate will be someone who is competent in consulting and routine surgery. We are happy to accommodate/cultivate any special interests. You will be an enthusiastic, patient and caring individual who takes pride in their work.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH3632 when applying for this role.
Address: The Chocolate Factory, Keynsham, Bristol, United Kingdom