Veterinary Surgeon Required At Sampson Park Vets In Oundle, Northamptonshire
Sampson Park, Oundle Veterinary Surgery
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
We are a busy and thriving small animal practice who is looking for another vet to join our team! We are a small team in a bigger group with a varied and interesting case load.
With 5 practices in the group, our vets are based at a max of 2 sites. Better yet, one or our sites takes referral cases in Dentistry, Orthopaedics, Soft tissue Surgery and Ophthalmology. We have a high percentage of experienced Vets with different skill sets and have a really great support team of qualified and student nurses too!
We're keen to push forward and extend our services, fully supporting the interests of our team and helping progress the profession. We don't run an Out of Hours service but look after our inpatients on a rota basis and would be happy to look into liaising with our emergency provider if someone does have an interest in Emergency Medicine.
Location wise we're in the East Midlands, spanning Peterborough to Northampton so great access to London, Birmingham, Rutland, Peak District - you name it, there's a trunk road or train going there. Whether you love city life or spend your free time doing triathlons we're perfectly placed.
We're looking for a permanent small animal Vet to work at our Oundle and Thrapston sites.
Oundle is our busiest practice and where our inpatients stay and Thrapston is growing at a rate of knots, they are only a few miles apart and clients and staff are used to moving between the two so case continuity is easy.
• We are open to full and part time applications and will consider flexible working requests.
• Full time for us is 4 days a week, one of which is a later shift and together with a nurse, this is the night you are responsible for any inpatients.
• We work just 1 Saturday morning in 6 with 1 full weekend in 6 (slightly shorter full day on a Saturday and 4 hours on a Sunday together with inpatient care alongside a nurse) with time 2 half days off in addition to your normal day following your full weekend.
You must be an RCVS registered small animal Vet, experience is desirable but not compulsory. If you have extra qualifications or are studying towards them we'll support you or utilise them. If you are relocating, we may be able to offer financial support. If you are returning to work after a break - many of us have a family and completely understand, we have a fantastic refresher course available too!
Come in for a chat and see if you fit our team and we fit you!
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Address: 92 South Road, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom