Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, Widnes, Cheshire
White Cross Vets, Widnes
Widnes, Cheshire, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opening for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team in Widnes. The role involves working closely with the rest of the team on a day-to-day basis, providing clinical support and guidance where needed. Your primary focus will be to participate in the successful day to day running of our practice with the rest of the team, and providing outstanding clinical care.
The successful candidate will work 4 weekdays (8:30-7) and a share of Saturday mornings (8:30-12:30), totalling an average of 40 hours per week (as time is always given back for Saturday hours). There is no requirement for OOH.
Our Widnes practice is well equipped with digital x-ray, dental x-ray & ultrasound, BP monitoring, multi parameter anaesthetic monitoring, in house bio chem and haem analyser. It's an excellent place to work, with a super team who love working with us, reflected in them voting for us to win numerous wellbeing and employer awards.
Practices that truly look after their team members are hard to come by. That's where White Cross Vets stand out. As one of the top employers in the UK, we offer candidates an excellent package with the opportunity to enjoy a superb work/life balance. You will receive a competitive salary and 5 weeks holiday per year.
We are looking for a highly motivated veterinary surgeon who can thrive in our high-quality practice. Confident and professional, you will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in UK / Small Animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
• Generous holiday allowance
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Extra day of holiday on your birthday
• Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Practice social events
• Opportunity for career development
• Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Enhanced parental leave pay
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH3527 when applying for this role.
Address: Queensbury Way, Widnes, Cheshire, United Kingdom