Veterinary Surgeon Required At Kernow Veterinary Group At Lostwithiel, Cornwall
10 months ago
Kernow Veterinary Group
Cornwall, United Kingdom
We are looking for a small animal Veterinary Surgeon full time or part time with interests in both consulting and surgery. We work in a supportive team environment and encourage and support you to develop your own interests and study towards a certificate is very much supported.
· Lots of equipment including ultrasound, digital X-ray, dental X-ray, endoscopy and tonometry and have an in-house blood machine in every surgery.
· Our standard appointment times are 15 minutes, but we have extended these to 20 minutes under Covid.
· Our full-time vets work a 4-day week.
· Separate night team so there are no overnight OOH calls
(in-patient cover only). Our weekend rota is 1 in 10 weekends of dayshifts only plus 1 in 10 Saturday mornings.
· 5 weeks holiday plus Bank Holidays plus Birthday leave
· Ability to bring dog to work
· Company pension
· Company health insurance
· Some subscriptions paid
We are a large practice situated in beautiful mid Cornwall, close to the Eden Project with plenty of beautiful beaches and coastline nearby. We have five small animal surgeries and a large animal department. Two of our surgeries have ISFM silver cat friendly status and all our surgeries have General Practice RCVS Practice Standards status. We have excellent 24-hour nursing care at our Lostwithiel Hospital and pride ourselves on offering a high standard of patient and client care. We are a friendly team with a very low turnover of vets. We have several certificate holders across the group.
Although we are part of IVC, our own Clinical Directors are responsible for making all local management decisions.
We are looking for a Vet with some experience who is looking to increase their case responsibility. We would love to hear from you whether you want to work full-time or part-time. The right applicant will be confident with excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team. Developing client bonds and case continuity is very important in this role. There is clinical freedom to work up your own cases and the caseload would support studying towards a certificate.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
· Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
· CPD paid days and allowance
· L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
· Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
· Private Medical Insurance
· BVA Membership paid
· VDS cover
· Birthday leave
· Discounted veterinary fees
· Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Service-related company sick pay
· Sponsorship for overseas employees
· Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
· Relocation packages
· Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH4593 when applying for this role.
Address: Edgecumbe Road, Cornwall, United Kingdom