Permanent Full Time Senior Veterinary Surgeon - Derbyshire - Ref: ST11225
JHP Recruitment Ltd
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
My client is looking for a Senior Veterinary Surgeon to join their team in Derbyshire! The successful candidate will be required to provide high quality clinical care to all pets and to provide an outstanding client experience whilst helping to create and maintain an efficient clinic. As a Senior Veterinary Surgeon, you will work alongside practice management to ensure successful day to day running of the practice and undertake management responsibilities in the absence of the Clinic Director. Their team members uphold and adhere to their Principles both within the clinic and when representing the client externally at all times. They are looking for someone who is passionate about surgery!
They have a fantastic team in Derbyshire and all the kit expected in a modern, purpose-built practice. The practice is well equipped with 2 vet, 1 nurse and 1 cat consult room. They have dirty and clean preps, two operating theatres, separate dog, cat and exotics/isolation kennels, a dental room including dental radiography, and imaging room including digital x-ray and ultrasound and an endo/bronchoscopy. The practice is cat friendly, rabbit friendly and chicken friendly and they regularly do puppy parties, weight clinics, behaviour clinics, senior clinics and cuddle clinics.
The team is made up of 4 Client Care Co-ordinators, 2 Veterinary Surgeons, 5 RVNs and 1 Student Veterinary Nurse. It is a lovely, supportive practice that prides itself on trying to create the best working environment possible to ensure staff wellbeing, job satisfaction and team morale. Individual interests are encouraged and supported by the entire team. They love charity work and regularly run events and fundraising and have registered PAT dog assessors.
My client is looking for an experienced Senior Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. Offering a great work/life balance with no OOH, a 4 day week and a share of Saturday mornings. Their team is built on a foundation of learning, compassion and growth. Confident and professional, you will be able to work with sole charge. You will relate to their core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside their friendly practice teams as you work with them to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Small Animal Practice
- Previous management experience desirable
- RCVS registered
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
- Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
The senior position is an exciting opportunity for someone to progress clinically, promote best practice and assist with management. The role would suit a candidate who is passionate about providing great care and customer service and who enjoys promoting and encouraging others to be the best they can.
- 6 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- Extra day of holiday on your birthday
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private health insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
- Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Up to four days PETernity leave
- Contribution towards purchasing a Fitbit and weekly leader board challenges
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Practice social events
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
- Paid bereavement leave
- Service related company sick pay
- Social events
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Free flu jabs
For further information, feel free to call me on 01392 249647, or email me your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01392 249647
Address: Derbyshire, United Kingdom