Veterinary Surgeon Required At New Street Vets, Honiton
3 months ago
Up to £65,000 DOE
New Street Vets
Honiton, Devon, United Kingdom
PART TIME OR FULL TIME Veterinary Surgeon
New Street Vets, Honiton, Devon
Up to £65,000 DOE plus £5,000 Welcome Bonus and £5,000 Relocation Allowance
FIND FLEXIBILITY IN A ROLE WITH NO EMERGENCY OUT OF HOURS
New Street Vets, Honiton, has a fantastic opportunity for a veterinary surgeon to join our well-established practice.
Our clinic in Honiton will give you access to a varied caseload with a mix of both consults and surgery.
STRIKE THE RIGHT WORK LIFE BALANCE
Our vets usually work Monday to Friday with shifts between the hours of 9am – 6.30 pm and
1:4 Saturday mornings only.
THERE ARE NO EMERGENCY OUT OF HOURS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS ROLE.
Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work life balance. We know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and we want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you need to do the school pick up, need reduced hours during school holidays or would simply like a more flexible rota pattern we can look to fix or flex a pattern to suit you
OUR TEAM AND CULTURE
We are a fairly small, but very experienced team, so this allows for case consistency and to develop productive relationships with our loyal client base!
As a team, we hold monthly vet meetings, often discuss clinical cases amongst the vets, and colleagues are only ever a phone call away should you need them.
MORE ABOUT US
Our practice location is great, we are close to the sea and countryside, with Dartmoor and Exmoor within an hour’s drive. We can support anyone who is looking to relocate and join us here in Honiton.
We are a 1st opinion PSS accredited clinic, have been established independently for well over 30 years, and more recently as part of our larger group. Due to being well-established and many of our staff still being with us, we have excellent relationships with other surgeries in the area and our long-standing clients.
We pride ourselves in being an accredited RCVS Practice Standards and nurse training practice, we are so pleased that all our RVN nurses who trained with us have stayed on with us.
Together we strive deliver the highest standard of care, to help us do that we have access to excellent facilities. The practice has recently been refurbished with digital x-ray and digital dental x-ray equipment.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from;
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata)
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off (pro rata)
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee and 3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch for a confidential chat. Please use BH7432 as a reference when applying for this role.
Please contact Maisie Brown
Address: 62 New Street, Honiton, Devon, United Kingdom