Mixed Veterinary Surgeon Required At Kingston Vets
2 months ago
Salary up to £70,000 DOE/pro-rata
Sherborne, Dorset, United Kingdom
Due to expansion our Kingston practices in both Yeovil Somerset and Sherborne Dorset we are currently experiencing an exciting period of growth and development, and as result we have a fantastic new opportunity available for 1 x Mixed veterinary surgeons who is looking to take the next step in their career. This role would be suitable for someone who has both Farm animal and Small Animal experience and will be predominantly focused over both in areas of veterinary work.
There may be the opportunity to progress this role in the future, therefore we would love to hear from veterinary surgeons who would be keen to develop further in desired areas of their choice. The Kingston practices in both sites are flexible working practices and therefore we are keen to consider full-time and part-time applicants, with a share of Saturday mornings 0830-1230 on a Rota basis. Out of hours is provided by Medivet in the area on small animal, and Farm out of hours is a shared rota. Our team’s work-life balance and wellbeing are always top priority at Kingston Vets, so if this is of interest, we’d love to discuss the specifics further with you.
At Kingston Vets we are proud of our mixed veterinary practices offering the best care for our clients in the Farm- Equine and Small Animal departments.
Salary up to £70,000 DOE/pro-rata- This is a Full- Time position but Flexible options would also be considered - Part-time days and hours.
About our Team/Culture
One of the best parts of working at Kingston Vets is the enthusiastic team that works closely with our Clinic Directors working in hands-on roles. We love to bond over our shared love of food with regular meals out together, along with regularly partaking in staff team building and other social events
About the Practice
Our veterinary team enjoys all aspects of general veterinary practice. The Clinic Directors and Senior Vet both work between sites, and our Yeovil practice is a dedicated small animal only site with a very dedicated team ensuring that we offer the best experience and care for our clients and their pets.
Both practices have great facilities including consult rooms, blood machines, operating theatres, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound and laparoscopy equipment for minimal intrusive surgery, and all the modern patient monitoring equipment. As a group we are supportive of investing into equipment and the training and development of our team to achieve progression, alongside supporting further training/qualifications.
The long standing Farm Department covers every aspect of veterinary work in supporting our farm clients requirements, We have 2 TB testers, 1 x Exporter alongside 4 Farm Vets,
and we are proud to hold regular farmers meetings inhouse to support and educate for the welfare and care of their animals.
This vacancy has been released due to continued growth at The Kingston Veterinary Group and therefore it’s important that the successful candidate has the following skills/attributes:
- Experienced candidate; Surgical Farm and Small animal experience.
- Drive to work towards clinical excellence within first opinion practice
- Dependent on requirements certificate/further qualifications fully supported
- Quality; the desire to provide a high standard of veterinary medicine to the pets under our care.
- Responsibility; to the pets under our care, making strong and confident clinical recommendations with the support of the team.
- Growth; to be passionate in wanting to progress your clinical knowledge and skill development, which in turn contributes to the growth of the practice and the clinical team
- RCVS registered
Benefits Veterinary Surgeon
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1400 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation allowance up to £5000
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH7162 when applying for this role.
Address: Kingston House Long Street, Sherborne, Dorset, United Kingdom