Veterinary Approved OV/TB Tester/Exporter- Kingston Vets In Sherborne
Sherborne, Dorset, United Kingdom
We are looking for a dedicated Veterinary Approved OV/TB Tester/Exporter to join our friendly established team at The Kingston Veterinary Group, Sherborne, Dorset. We will accept both part time and full time applicants.
The part time role is for 2+ days a week, the full time role will be a 40 hour week, working 4 days at our flagship practice in Sherborne. A generous salary will reflect on experience and qualifications.
We would also like to offer the opportunity of training the right person for this role, the following requirements would be:
· Over 18 years of age
· Hold a valid driving license
· Hold at least 3 graded GCSE’s or equivalent in English, Maths and Science
· Have a clean criminal record
· Have livestock handling skills
People skills are an essential part of this role and applicants must be confident that they can act professionally in what can be a high pressured job with some intense testing environments, also with the requirements of being compassionate when required.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
· Inform clients of test results
· Positively communicate to all clients on progress and results etc
· Present a professional approach and smart appearance at all times
· Vehicle and equipment will be provided if necessary. General TB related administration tasks will be part of this role
Welcome to the Kingston Veterinary Group. There are records of a veterinary practice at Kingston House in 1890. In those days the practice was mainly involved in treating horses and farm livestock, and in fact the buildings that stabled the vet’s horses that were used on their rounds of calls are still in use by the practice today.
The Kingston Veterinary group has a wide client base of small animal, farm and equine clients in both Somerset and Dorset. Over the years, the practice has expanded with a small animal surgery in Yeovil and equine branches located in Longburton and Buckhorn Weston. In October 2018 the practice started its daily running under the management of IVC Evidensia. The Kingston Veterinary Group has always strived for the highest in client and animal care, this move increases the resources available to the practice in order to keep achieving this.
The ideal candidate will be RCVS registered or alternatively somebody who fits the above criteria for training purposes.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
· Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
· CPD paid days and allowance
· L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
· Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
· Private Medical Insurance
· BVA Membership paid
· VDS cover
· Birthday leave
· Discounted veterinary fees
· Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Service-related company sick pay
· Sponsorship for overseas employees
· Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
· Relocation packages
· Career progression opportunities
· Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please use BH4074 as a reference when applying for this role.
Address: Kingston House Long Street, Sherborne, Dorset, United Kingdom