Mixed Veterinary Surgeon J146526
4 months ago
Negotiable per Annum
A fantastic opportunity for a mixed vet to join a growing 10-vet independent practice in Fife has become available.
A fantastic opportunity for a mixed veterinary surgeon to join a growing 10-vet practice situated within an hour of the historic city Edinburgh has become available. Due to continued expansion, we are looking for a veterinary surgeon with an interest in both small and large animal work to join this independently owned and well-established practice in Fife. The successful applicant will have some flexibility to choose their work between small and large to suit their interests, and they will get to work alongside a team of highly experienced colleagues with a range of different interests.
Ideally the right person for this role have 12 months UK experience in mixed practice and be happy to be part of a fairly shared out of hours rota. In return, you will benefit from having access to all the equipment you could need to provide the highest level of care to your patients, including digital and dental X-ray, ultrasound, endoscope and a comprehensive in-house lab. You will also get to work alongside a team of vets with a range of experience and interests including an equine dentistry certificate holder and a small animal medicine certificate holder. You will receive a competitive salary, generous holiday and CPD allowance and funding and support toward certificate study if you wish. If you like the sound of this opportunity, simply apply below or contact us for more information.
- Independent mixed practice situated in the beautiful rural setting of Fife, yet within an hour of the historic capital Edinburgh
- 50/50 split between small and farm animal work (with some degree of flexibility to suit your interests)
- Option to opt out of equine work or work alongside 3 dedicated and experienced equine vets
- Growing 10-vet team with varying levels of experience and a broad range of interests
- Spacious standalone practice with 2 large consult rooms and 2 operating theatres
- Excellent equipment including digital and dental X-ray, endoscope, ultrasound and comprehensive in-house lab facilities
- 5 day week (8.30am - 5pm)
- 1 - in - 6 out of hours rota (2-in-6 from mid March - mid May)
- Following Friday off in lieu after weekend on call
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary in recognition of previous experience
- 28-days holiday allowance (+2/3 days extra over the festive period)
- CPD funded and encouraged, including certificate study
- Work vehicle to use when visiting farms/stables etc
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 12 months UK experience in mixed practice
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- You must be registered with the RCVS to practice in the UK
- You will be a friendly and proactive person who enjoys building good relationships with colleagues and clients
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this GP role then please click the 'Apply' button. On submission an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the practice without your prior consent.
Tel: 01423 813453
Address: Fife, Scotland