Veterinary Surgeon Required At Sundean Veterinary Group
Sundean Veterinary Group
Lydney, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. We can offer a flexible rota with either 8 or 10 hour shifts, full-time or part-time, no on-call and only one in 4 Saturdays (finishing at 4pm). We are a very supportive team with 3 other experienced Vets and 4 qualified Vet Nurses. Salary range £43,000 - £45,000 depending on experience.
We are a small animal practice with digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, separate cat and dog ward plus isolation. We are in a beautiful part of the countryside, within easy reach of the Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley, but with easy access to Bristol, Cardiff and Gloucester.
We have a total of 6 vets, 8 nurses and 10 receptionists over 3 sites. We have vets holding surgery and exotics certificates. Two of our vets are training towards certificates in ophthalmology and feline medicine. Our candidate needs to be a good all-rounder who genuinely cares about their clients and patients.
Ideally we are looking for someone with 2 years plus UK experience. It is essential that you are a good communicator with plenty of compassion.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• BVA Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service related company sick pay
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please use BH4292 as a reference when applying for this role
Address: 9-11 High Street, Lydney, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom