Surgical Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, Walkden
1 month ago
Salary up to £60,000 DOE/pro-rata part-time.
White Cross Vets, Walkden
Worsley, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Our Walkden/Hyde practice is currently experiencing an exciting period of growth and development, and as result we have a fantastic new opportunity available for a veterinary surgeon who is looking to take the next step in their career. This role can be taken at either our Hyde or Walkden clinic, or we would be more than happy to discuss a multi-site position, if this was of interest.
What the team has to offer.
There may be the opportunity to progress this role in the future, therefore we would love to hear from veterinary surgeons who would be keen to develop a more advanced surgical service to the White Cross Group– although this isn’t a deal breaker. Both sites are flexible working practices and therefore we are keen to consider full time and part time applicants, with a share of Saturday mornings (0830-1230 TOIL given for each weekend worked). Out of hours is provided by Vets Now. Our teams work-life balance and wellbeing are always top priority at White Cross Vets, so if this is of interest, we’d love to discuss the specifics further with you.
At White Cross Vets, we have 21 clinics across the UK. All of our clinics have teams with different interests, with team members undergoing further training by certificates or having those that have achieved certificate status. Being part of something bigger, offers a fantastic level of support on a wider group level and allows us to grow and develop a higher quality first opinion pet care, whilst providing internal career progression opportunities.
Salary up to £68,000 DOE/pro-rata part-time. Plus up to £5000 relocation allowance
About our Team/Culture
One of the best parts of working at Walkden and Hyde are the enthusiastic teams who work closely together. We love to bond over our shared love of food with regular meals out together, along with regularly partaking in some serious competition with the local pub quiz and “Breakout” rooms. There are also some very active members of the team, who join forces in training for 10k’s and our weekly Fitbit challenge.
About the Practice
Our veterinary team enjoy all aspects of general veterinary practice. The Clinic Director and Senior Vet are both multi-site and are very dedicated in ensuring the wellbeing and development of the team. Our vet team includes a new graduate who joined us this year on our academy programme, alongside two experienced vets who are located at Hyde, one of which has a certificate in dentistry and is offering a referral service to the White Cross Group. The clinical team at Walkden, work closely with the Hyde practice and routinely have clinical meetings where cases are discussed. The team feel like a vet with a surgical bias, would complement their interests, offer support in this area, whilst providing the successful candidate with a career opportunity to progress and grow a more advanced surgical service, for which there is demand.
Walkden and Hyde are both practices with great facilities including 4 consult rooms, cat ward, dog ward, operating theatre, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound and access to endoscope if needed. The Walkden practice used to have a large referral orthopaedic caseload and therefore this clinic really offers further progression for a candidate who has a keen interest in surgery, especially orthopaedics. As a group we are supportive of investing into equipment for our team member progression, alongside supporting further training/qualifications.
This vacancy has been released due to continued growth at Walkden/Hyde and therefore it’s important that the successful candidate has the following skills/attributes:
- Drive to work towards clinical excellence within first opinion practice
- Quality; the desire to provide a high standard of veterinary medicine, to the pets under our care
- Integrity; working with the clinical team to drive the strong White Cross principles that the group adheres to, in an honest manner
- Responsibility; to the pet’s under our care, making strong and confident clinical recommendations with the support of the team and the White Cross group
- Growth; to be passionate in wanting to progress your clinical knowledge and skill development, which in turn contributes to the growth of the practice and the clinical team
- RCVS registered
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 7 weeks holiday including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Up to 4 days paternity leave for new pets
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Access to Simply Health
• Non-accidental injury support
• Private medical insurance
• £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Quote BH7406 when applying for this role.
Address: Mayfield Ave, Worsley, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom