Senior Veterinary Surgeon Required At South Wales Vets, Newport
4 months ago
up to £65,000 FTE depending on experience
South Wales Vets
Newport, Gwent, United Kingdom
South Wales Vets, Newport has an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Veterinary Surgeon to join their fantastic team! This would be ideal for an experienced vet with an interest in mentoring colleagues, who is ready to take the next step in their veterinary career! We are passionate about delivering a high level of patient care and clinical standards, some of your day-to-day duties will include;
- Performing first opinion consults
- Supporting less experienced vets
- Training and coaching new graduates
- Performing basic and non-routine surgical procedures
- Training others and delivering a high level of clinical care and standards
- Maintaining clinical standards and adopting practice policies
- Engaging the clinical team
We are happy to accept both full/part-time applications for this role, working an average of 40 hours per week between 9 am-7 pm, with no weekend or out of hours work.
The salary for this role is up to £65,000 FTE depending on experience.
We are a 6-branch practice located across South Wales, this role is based at our lovely Newport branch, giving you excellent access to Cardiff and Gwent regions. We are dedicated to providing a great service to our loyal client base, to help us do this we have facilities such as an in house lab, digital x-ray, state of the art ultrasound, and capnography.
By far the best part of our practice is our team, we currently have 4 full-time vets and an experienced orthopaedic surgeon, supported by a hard-working team of 5 registered veterinary nurses, 2 student veterinary nurses and a receptionist. We are a very close-knit team and strongly encourage case discussions to help develop our skills and understanding.
Our ideal candidate will be experienced in both routine and non-routine surgery, and routine and emergency first opinion consultations. They will be a confident vet who is ready to take the next steps in their career and want to mentor less experienced staff.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5549 when you apply.
Address: Newport, Gwent, United Kingdom