Veterinary Surgeon Required At Christopher Carter Vets In Southampton
6 months ago
Up to £65,000 DOE
Christopher Carter Veterinary Surgery
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
We are looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon with an interest in surgery to join our first opinion surgery. The position is available for a full-time member of staff of 40 hours a week, but we would consider a part-time worker or job share, plus approximately one in four Saturday morning surgeries as sole charge. No OOH as the surgery is covered by Vets Now.
The salary for this role is up to £65,000 depending on experience.
We are a close-knit friendly team working out of a single site practice on the outskirts of Southampton. We are on the edge of the New Forest National Park and close to the water sport amenities of the Solent. Our practice was originally set up by Chris Carter in 1982, and we still employ members of his team. Added to these experienced Veterinary Surgeons, we have a supportive team of nurses, most of whom we have trained in the surgery and have remained with us, who work exceptionally well together. The surgery enjoys teaching and sharing new ideas, we have digital radiography, ultrasonography, in house laboratory machines from Idexx, capnography and an E.C.G machine.
We would like a Veterinary Surgeon to fit seamlessly into our busy, friendly team who has a good sense of humour and an excellent work ethic. We encourage and support new ideas and CPD. You will need to be self-motivated with an interest in all aspects of the job and the willingness to support and teach new Graduates surgery skills.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6791 when you apply.
Address: Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom