Veterinary Surgeon Required At The Cat Clinic, Southsea
Up to £60,000 DOE
The Cat Clinic
Southsea, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Here at the Cat Clinic, we are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon with a passion for cats, to join our dedicated and professional team. A typical workday involves consultations, routine surgery and time to work up your own procedures.
We’re looking for someone for 40 hours per week, though part time hours will be considered. The 40 hours per week would be working Monday to Friday (8:30am-4:30pm or 10:30am-6:30pm) with a 1:3 Saturday morning (8am-12pm) inclusive within the 40 hours. There will be occasional sole charge, but no out of hours or on call.
We can also offer a relocation package for the right candidate up to £5,000
The Cat Clinic is a feline-only first opinion practice located in the lovely and lively seaside town of Southsea in Hampshire. Ten minutes’ walk to the beach and located on a high street with many independent shops and cafes, we offer a fantastic location and work-life balance.
The practice is fully kitted out, but we take pride, especially with our digital dental x-ray, ultrasound with colour doppler, handheld capnograph, and K-Laser.
You will be the second Veterinary Surgeon in a two Vet practice with 3 experienced Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 amazing receptionists, a great Animal Care Assistant, and a caring practice manager. The whole team takes pride in their work and treats each patient with the care and respect that they would do of their own cat. Our Clinical Director has an internship certificate in anaesthesia and is a confident ultra-sonographer and willing to share these skills.
We are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon who is confident with sole charge, feline friendly and wants to be a part of a helpful and supportive team. Someone who has a desire to complete a feline medicine certificate is encouraged but not required.
Our best candidate would be a strong communicator with a positive attitude and social outlook. Professionalism and personal responsibility are key expectations for this role.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS Membership
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Relocation allowance up to £5000
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please use BH6483 as a reference when applying for this role.
Address: 95 Albert Road, Southsea, Hampshire, United Kingdom