Registered Veterinary Surgeon Required At Wood Street Vets, Barnet
Wood Street Vets
Barnet, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
We are looking to hire a Night Veterinary Surgeon to join our fantastic team. You will be in charge of inpatients kept in the hospital as well as any OOH work required. The role will be 7 nights on 7 nights off OR 7 nights on 14 off. This will include weekends. We would look to pay £35,000 - £50,000 DOE with benefit based on rota.
We are a busy 24 hour hospital with a varied case load. We have fantastic facilities including x-rays, dental x-rays, laparoscopic equipment, hydrotherapy, full range of endoscopes, ultrasonography and a fantastic team of nurses. We are in a busy location in the heart of Barnet with shops and tube lines into London close by.
We have a team of 15 vets, 17 nurses, 7 VCA's, a reception team, practice manager. We have vets with certificates in cardiology, surgery and small animal internal medicine, and nurses with certificates in anaesthesia, ECC & exotics.
You would ideally have previous hospital experience with OOH work and sole charge with nurse or VCA with a MRCVS qualification. You will be passionate about small animal and dedicated to providing the highest standard of client care.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• BVA Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service related company sick pay
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH4148 when applying for this role.
Address: 74 Wood Street, Barnet, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom