MRCVS Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
2 weeks ago
£12,480.00 per annum
National Animal Welfare Trust
JACKIE DE FRIEZ
Watford, Herts, United KingdomPart-time
Are you passionate about animal welfare and looking for a job that provides a feeling of satisfaction, where you are helping unwanted animals find their forever home? If so then the National Animal Welfare Trust has an amazing opportunity to join our Watford team.
We are looking to recruit a part–time qualified MRCVS Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon with at least 4-5 years’ experience. Our licenced Veterinary practice is within the Hertfordshire Rehoming Centre of the National Animal Welfare Trust (NAWT) and is a much-needed rescue and rehoming operation that provides a place of safety and rehabilitation to more than 400 animals a year.
The role is part time, working 12 hours per week over three days (4 hours per day) between Monday to Friday.
The ideal person for this role will have solid veterinary surgeon experience, combined with extensive clinical knowledge in small animal rescue practice and enjoy the challenges of working within the animal welfare charity sector.
Ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the vet unit, you will carry out first opinion small animal veterinary work and will have experience of the following:
• Diagnostic investigations and pragmatic case management.
• Confident with all routine surgery, decision making and consults.
• Performing routine on-site neutering and dental procedures.
• Implementing treatment plans and prevention protocols.
• Advising and supporting staff members and adopters on veterinary related matters.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills with a proven track record in customer service and team work.
• Ideally have experience within shelter medicine.
You will be supported by a dedicated, highly experienced RCVS veterinary nurse.
As part of our commitment to making NAWT a great place to work, we offer access to the following employee benefits:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time staff).
• Contributory pension.
• Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice.
If you feel you have the right skills to be a successful MRCVS Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon for our Watford centre, please send your CV with your cover letter to Jackie De Friez, Centre Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Veterinary Surgeon_Watford JD.pdf
Address: Tylers Way, Watford By Pass, Watford, Herts, United Kingdom