Veterinary Surgeon Required At Shore Veterinary Centre In Gourock, Inverclyde
1 month ago
up to £50,000 DOE plus up to £5K welcome bonus
Shore Veterinary Centre
Gourock, Inverclyde, United Kingdom
Shore Vets in Gourock require a veterinary surgeon to work within our small animal 1st opinion practice. Working on various general practice caseloads including dentals and soft tissue cases as well as an ample opportunity to develop your own caseloads within your niche interest.
Working 40 hours per week
Across 4 days
1:3 Saturday mornings (9am-12pm)
Up to £50,000 negotiable D.O.E.
Relocation allowance of up to £5,000
Welcome bonus of up to £5,000
Shore Veterinary Centre is a small animal practice located in Gourock, Scotland. Gourock is a very popular, scenic town on the West coast of Scotland. The clinic has a lovely small practice family feel and provides a true team working environment. We also have the benefit and close support of world class referral services for orthopaedics, neurology, oncology, ophthalmology, dermatology etc located within half an hour drive in Glasgow.
The team is made up of 3 experienced veterinarians, 4 registered veterinary nurses, 1 animal care assistants and 2 veterinary receptionists. We have a vet certified in radiology. We have all the usual equipment including x-ray & dental x-ray, ultrasound, ECG, in-house bloods, multi-parameter monitoring etc.
We are looking for an experienced vet to take on a range of consulting and operating roles. Good client relationship and interpersonal skills are essential and must be RCVS registered. We can consider new graduates for this role as full support will be given. Further certification is supported and funded.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 33 days per annum including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD leave per annum
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6433 when applying for this role.
Address: 7 Albert Road, Gourock, Inverclyde, United Kingdom