Experienced Veterinary Surgeon Required At Parkvets, Sidcup
2 weeks ago
Up to £65,000 DOE
Sidcup, Kent, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team here at Parkvets Sidcup!
You will be working in a busy and diverse environment with varied duties including inpatient care, consultations, procedures, and emergencies.
This is a Full Time or Part Time position. Our full-time vets work a 40-hour week across 4 days, inclusive of 1:4 weekends and they provide second on call cover for occasional nights, (1 weekday every 5 weeks, 2-3 weekends a year). Shifts are a mix of earlies and lates, earlies start at 7.30am, lates start at 11am. You will be supported by a large and fantastic team of qualified and student nurses, as well as Clinical Support Services personnel.
Salary up to £65,000 depending on experience
If you want to work in a dynamic environment in which no two days are the same, Parkvets could be the ideal place for you. Our vets thrive on the diverse caseload and welcome the fact that we refer very few cases. They particularly value the support colleagues provide, but also prefer to manage their own cases, in the way they see fit. We look forward to welcoming a new, like-minded vet to the team.
We are a large multidisciplinary hospital with direct links to London. We have a separate cat, dog, and exotics wards, each encompassing their own operating theatres, as well as dedicated dental suites, ultrasound facilities, flexible and rigid endoscopy, laparoscopic equipment and of course x-ray, Parkvets have all the toys, bells and whistles you would expect. We also have an extensive lab, staffed by bio-medical professionals experienced in supporting the vet team.
About the Team and Culture
Our fantastic team is made up of 33 vets, 28 nurses, 50+ admin and support staff. You will be working alongside a number of certificate holders in various disciplines, (Imaging, Medicine, Surgery, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Exotics, Dentistry) and you will have plenty of opportunity to develop skills and knowledge – both formally through CPD and informally through case collaboration.
You will have previous experience, be capable and confident as a GP Veterinary Surgeon. You will ideally have an interest in internal medicine +/- diagnostic imaging bias however we are open to any interests.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7058.
Address: 53–55 Maidstone Road Foots Cray, Sidcup, Kent, United Kingdom