Night Veterinary Surgeon Required At Parkvets, Sidcup
2 weeks ago
Up to £65,000 DOE
Sidcup, Kent, United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced Night Veterinary Surgeon to join us for 7 nights on, then 14 nights off. Unlike many other practices, our night shifts are only 12 hours which allows our team to benefit from a healthier work life balance. Parkvets provides 24-hour care for a diverse range of inpatients and emergencies. We also provide cover for a number of local practices. You will have access to the fullest range of diagnostic equipment as well as separate cat, dog and exotic wards and be very much a part of the Parkvets team.
The salary for this role is up to £65,000 depending on experience, plus benefits.
We are a large multidisciplinary hospital with several certificate holders in various disciplines (surgery, internal medicine, diagnostic imaging, ophthalmology, dermatology, dentistry, exotics). We have direct radiography, state of the art ultrasound, dental suites with dental x-rays, flexible and rigid endoscopy, laparoscopic equipment, a fully equipped lab with our very own lab staff (in the daytime).
Parkvets is a supportive environment where team play is vital, so we are looking for vets with strong communication skills, a high sense of organisation and time management as well as a desire to deliver clinical excellence with genuine compassion for their patients and clients. If this is you, then why not join one of the best teams in the South East?
About the Team and Culture
We are a dedicated team of 28 vets and 30 nurses, plus fantastic support staff to assist where needed. Our culture is based on compassion and understanding, coupled with high standards of clinical care. Throughout the night there would be one qualified RVN and 2 VCAs available to support on your shifts.
We are looking for a confident and experienced clinician with experience working sole charge. The ideal candidate will be confident in a range of critical care and emergency surgery scenarios, as well as being capable of providing high quality service for clients. Our ideal candidate demonstrates excellent communication skills, the ability to work independently as well as within a team, along with a desire to practice good medicine.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave (FTE) inclusive of bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £900 CPD allowance with 28 hours paid pro-rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6130
Address: 53–55 Maidstone Road Foots Cray, Sidcup, Kent, United Kingdom