Veterinary Surgeon Required At Manor Veterinary Clinic
1 month ago
Up to £63,000 DOE
Manor Veterinary Clinic
Folkestone, Kent, United Kingdom
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Veterinary Surgeon to join the Manor team! The position is full time although, we are open to considering part time applicants and a flexible rota should the right candidate need this.
We have a lovely premises and fantastic team of long-standing staff, and we are a ‘work family’ and all value each other and ideas. Day to day duties will be to provide excellent care to our lovely clients and their pets. Consults are 15 minutes long, with double appointments for complicated cases and euthanasia to give you time to deal with the clients and not feel rushed.
• Salary for the role is up to £63,000 per annum depending on experience
• Relocation allowance of up to £2,500 if required
We have a beautiful purpose-built practice with lots of parking. We have digital/dental x-ray, ultrasound, endoscope, rhinos’ copy, in house laboratory - we're looking to expand our equipment, what would you like? We are located on a business park close to the motorway. We have the sea and the downs on our doorstep. Eurotunnel is literally just down the road and there is easy access to the fast speed link to London (45 minutes by train to central London). We have a great virtual tour of our practice on our website so do take a look.
Team and Culture
Come and meet us – we’d love to have the opportunity to show you our beautiful practice and meet our wonderful team. We are an extremely supportive team, and our Clinical director is a wonderful support to our current Vet team. We openly discuss cases and have regular daily ‘huddles.
We have 3.5 Veterinary Surgeons including our CD with many years’ experience between them. We will support you with your chosen career path and would love to chat to you about what that might be.
We have 6 Nurses: 5 RVN's, 1 student and a VCA They have loads of experience and run their own consults. They are passionate about their work. We have 5 brilliant receptionists (3 of them have been with us forever!). They know most of the clients and have a great rapport with them and can therefore help support the build of new relationships between our wonderful clients and new team members.
We are looking for someone who wants to progress their career with the help and support of our wonderful team. We are open to differing experience, due to being able to support all applicants. However, we do need our new Vet to be confident in routine ops. We ask that you have a committed approach to your work, with a positive can-do attitude. You must be a great communicator and team player with excellent bed side manner.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7268.
Address: Pent Road Shearway Business Park, Folkestone, Kent, United Kingdom