Veterinary Surgeon Required At Wigmore Veterinary Centre
Up to £70,000 DOE
Wigmore Veterinary Centre
Gillingham, Kent, United Kingdom
Wigmore Veterinary has a fantastic and rare opportunity to join an established and supportive team as a Veterinary Surgeon. The role will be 1 of the 2 Vets in practice working sole charge. This is a small animal role based in our Rainham branch, but may occasionally extend to our Ashford, Kent branch. The role will include a mix of consultations, surgery, and other procedures. We run 15-minute consultations and you will often have a nurse/student nurse available to help in consults. Consults will run in the mornings and afternoons with time in the middle of the day for some surgical procedures, reviewing cases and lunch!
Ideally, you will be available to work 4 days a week (we are flexible which days) between 8:30am - 6:30pm and 2:4 Saturdays, but we will consider part time applications should a 3-day week better suit you.
• Salary for the role is up to £70,000 per annum depending on experience.
• We will also be offering the successful candidate a £2,500 welcome bonus!
• If our newest Veterinary Surgeon requires relocation support, we will be offering an allowance of up to £5,000
Our wonderful practice is located in a lovely residential area in Wigmore Rainham, Kent. We are well established in the area and have a huge loyal client base to evidence that. The practice is very busy, with something to keep you on your toes every day. Due to the busy nature of the practice, we also offer fantastic clinical exposure. The surgery is well-equipped including in-house blood machine and digital X-ray machines. Here at Wigmore, we truly value our staff, we are open to support and will always encourage our Vets to follow their increases, whether that be picking up a certain caseload or access to further study. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service, 100% dedication and care for our clients. We value our members of staff and understand the importance of a good work/life balance and we offer a warm and welcoming working environment for all. With close links to London and near the interesting coast of Kent our location is diverse.
About the Team and Culture
Our team is made up of 2 Veterinary Surgeons, 7 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 5 Animal Care Assistants and 5 Receptionists. Our Nursing and support team are extremely knowledgeable and highly trained to assist the vets in many ways, which makes working at Wigmore a true pleasure.
This is a sole charge position and requires a reliable, responsible, and flexible individual. You must be RCVS registered, competent and confident with sole charge, have excellent communication skills and the ability to perform routine surgical procedures. High standards of client and patient care are essential, as well as the ability to work well in a team. You will have access to advice and support from our Senior Vet in practice.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7064.
Address: 392 Maidstone Road, Gillingham, Kent, United Kingdom