Veterinary Surgeon Required At Wigmore Veterinary Centre
4 months ago
Up to £70,000 DOE
Wigmore Veterinary Centre
Gillingham, Kent, United Kingdom
Wigmore Veterinary Centre has a fantastic opportunity to join an established and supportive team as a Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon in Rainham, Kent.
You will have full support from an excellent management team consisting of a Clinical Director, Practice Manager, Nursing Manager and Head Receptionist, who have worked within the practice 20 years or more – so you can see the stability. Staff retention is key to us and clear, which makes this opportunity rare.
The role consists of a mix of consultations, surgery, and procedures. Consults will run in the mornings and afternoons with time in the middle of the day left open for surgical procedures, reviewing cases and lunch! Lunch breaks are taken in groups and staff generally use this time to relax together, eat and socialise.
We run a “Safari” type system with 15-minute consults, this means that during consult periods, 3 consult rooms will be operating. There will be a Nurse in each consult, this makes the life for the Vet incredibly easy! Our Nurses have been doing this for years and are extraordinarily good at it.
We hold regular meetings at a nearby pub. We hold managers’ meetings at a meal in a pub about every 6 weeks. As a key player you would be part of the group. We discuss any issues, any ideas and how things are going. It is an open and collaborative meeting where everyone is free to speak their mind.
• Salary for the role is up to £70,000 per annum depending on experience
• We will also be offering the successful candidate a £2,500 welcome bonus!
• If our newest Veterinary Surgeon requires relocation support, we will be offering an allowance of up to £5,000
Our wonderful practice is in a lovely residential area in Wigmore, Rainham, Kent. We are well established in the area and have a huge and loyal client base. The surgery is well-equipped including in-house blood machines and digital X-ray machines. We encourage and support our Vets with further studies – official or otherwise. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and care for our clients, as well as the pets of course!
With a coastline, close links to London and the Channel Tunnel, Kent is also home to lots of outdoor activities and many castles, gardens, woods, nature reserves, lakes, rivers, beautiful walks, as well as Bluewater.
About the Team and Culture
Our team is made up of a Clinical Director , 2 Vets, 7 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 5 Animal Care Assistants, 5 Receptionists and our Practice Manager. Our Nursing and Support Team are extremely knowledgeable and highly trained to assist the Vets in many ways and this makes working at Wigmore a true pleasure.
We value our members of staff and understand the importance of a good work/life balance and we offer a warm and welcoming working environment for all.
You must be RCVS registered, competent and confident with, have excellent communication skills and the ability to perform routine surgical procedures. High standards of client and patient care are essential, as well as the ability to work well in a team. You will have access to advice and support from our Senior Vet in practice.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7929.
Address: 392 Maidstone Road, Gillingham, Kent, United Kingdom