New Graduate Vet - Gourley Vets - Lancashire
Attractive Salary & Benefit Package
Ashton Under Lyne, Lancashire, United Kingdom
New Graduate Veterinary Surgeon – Gourley Veterinary Surgeons – RCVS accredited practices in Tameside and Manchester
Are you looking for a complete graduate programme, designed by experienced vets, which will fully support you in your first years in practice?
Are you looking for a graduate programme that offers you tailored support, development and CPD?
Are you looking for a programme that offers you the right support network and clinical mentoring in your practice, as well as dedicated CPD days throughout the year - CPD days that allow you to share experiences with fellow graduates, whilst also supporting you with clinical skills, business insight, wellbeing support and resilience techniques from the start?
We have an exciting opportunity for a New Graduate Vet to join us at Gourley Veterinary Surgeons . We are a multi-site, well established, 1st opinion, RCVS Accredited, SA practice, based in and around Tameside and Manchester. Our experienced Veterinary team contains a number of Certificate holders who are supported by a large and experienced nursing team. The main site is situated close to the beautiful foothills of the Peak District and is just 10 minutes by train or 20 minutes by car from the bustling Manchester city centre and close to the international Manchester Airport.
This is a full time position based on a 4 day week with weekends on a rota basis. There are no on call duties.
These are just some of the benefits of joining us:
- Salary of £31,000 which increases to £33,500 at the end of year 1 and £36,500 at the end of year 2
- No financial tie-in beyond completion of the programme.
- Professional memberships (RCVS & VDS).
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays (or equivalent) with our Buy/Sell holiday scheme - allowing you to purchase an additional two weeks of annual leave
- Receive an extra days leave each year in your first 5 years at CVS
- 10 CPD days a year covering both clinical and non-clinical skills and tailored to your clinical role, whether it be dedicated small animal, farm animal or mixed practice.
- A committed and trained clinical buddy working alongside you in practice, with regular meetings to support your transition from student to qualified vet.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Discounted pet treatments.
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 365 days a year helpline to support you and your immediate family when you need it the most.
- Discounted UK gym membership with Gym Flex.
- Performance bonus scheme.
- Internal transfers – with a network of over 500 practices we can support you should you need to relocate
- Recommend a Friend: Financial bonus up to £1000!
This is what to do now
To take your first steps onto the CVS Graduate Programme and to join our team at Gourley Veterinary Surgeons please select ‘apply now' and upload your CV
Address: 82 Wellington Road, Ashton Under Lyne, Lancashire, United Kingdom