Small Animal Vet - Regan Vets - Wigan
2 months ago
Attractive salary and benefits package
Regan Veterinary Group
Wigan, Lancashire, United Kingdom
At Regan Veterinary Group, we have a great opportunity for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon, with a minimum of 2 years' experience, who is fully competent in all aspects and may be considering a Certificate pathway, to join our team and share our passion for high quality veterinary care.
You will be based at our Little Lane branch in Wigan, but will also have the opportunity to work occasionally at our Holly House branch also in Wigan. We are looking for someone who is confident working sole charge and would enjoy mentoring our New Graduate Vets. You will work a 4-day week with a 1 in 4-weekend rota and no OOH's - part-time hours may be considered for the right candidate. You will enjoy a varied and exciting caseload working in great facilities. You will have access to great equipment to include a high quality Ultrasound and Digital X-ray.
We are a high-end first opinion practice and would look for someone who would be keen to work cases up thoroughly, create their own bonded client base and communicate clearly with our clients. If you want to work in a “jab and go” manner, we would not be the right practice for you. We do expect our team to be able to justify their clinical decision making/frameworks through evidence based medicine whilst maintain a pragmatic approach to cases where there may be financial sensitivity.
We have regular quality improvement meetings within the practice to encourage case discussions. We have, in the last year alone, submitted two pieces of work to the RCVS QI awards scheme, one on informed client consent and one on improving clinical outcomes in patients presenting with ‘sore eyes'.
Our practice leadership team all proactively seek to have open and honest discussions with all the team and in the last year have focussed on ensuring all staff members get regular scheduled 1-2-1 discussions to ensure opportunities to discuss how our team are all doing. The culture within this group has been developed to ensure all the team feel they can have their say and feel listened to. We don't always get everything right, but we are also very happy to own our mistakes and learn from them and this is mirrored in the ‘no blame' culture across the whole team, which we think is key to ensuring the progression of our team. We will always have your back.
We know our chosen profession can place a lot of stress on our hugely compassionate team. We look to proactively support our team's emotional wellbeing, so alongside the excellent employee assistance support scheme programme you will have access to; there are onsite mental health first aiders who are trained in supporting people who may have mental health struggles. To us, open and honest discussions about any such matter help us support our team as best we possibly can.
We have all the normal equipment, additionally we offer laparoscopic surgery, an operating microscope, and advanced orthopaedic and ophthalmology equipment. If any of our team want us to consider adding to our facilities we would help guide you in your research with this and should this be viable would actively support installation of new facilities with training and marketing.
CPD wise, if there is a course you want to do we would ask you to come and bring us the information and we will always consider anything that helps develop our team and the clinical services we can offer to our clients.
Our rewards package includes (pro rata if part-time):
- Salary – £40 - £43k for 2-3 years' experience moving up through bandings to £55k for further experience, persons on a certificate pathway and/or with Senior Vet aspirations/experience. There will be annual pay reviews and a full accessible and visible salary banding is available
- Attractive bonus scheme
- Up to 7 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays (or equivalent) with our Buy/Sell holiday scheme - allowing you to purchase an additional two weeks of annual leave
- Receive an extra days leave each year in your first 5 years at CVS
- Fully funded CPD
- Visa sponsorship available
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave offering 10 weeks full and 10 weeks half pay
- You can also get a slice of the profits by joining our Sharesave scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Recommend a Friend scheme
- Relocation costs can be considered
- Discounted pet products and services
- Access to Perkbox offering entertainment, travel and retail discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a range of flexible benefits to suit your needs – such as subsidised gym membership, and cycle to work scheme
Want to know more or have any questions answered confidentially? Then feel free to call/text Laura on 07880 374377. Alternatively, to submit an online application please click Apply Now and upload your CV and covering letter
Veterinary Surgeon / Small Animal Vet / Vet / Full Time Job / Part Time Job / Regan Veterinary Group
Address: 30 Little Lane, Wigan, Lancashire, United Kingdom