Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets In Guiseley, Leeds
White Cross Vets
Guiseley, Leeds, Ireland
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team here at White Cross Vets, Guiseley!
The role will include providing high quality clinical care to all pets and an outstanding client experience, which helps to create and maintain an efficient clinic. To uphold and always adhere to the White Cross Vets Principles both within the clinic and when representing White Cross Vets externally. There will be a mixture of surgery and consults each day, with minimal sole charge. The successful candidate must be happy with most aspects of general surgery, dentals and dental x-rays.
We are open to hearing from part time applicants for this role. Details of working days/hours (full time equivalent) are detailed below:
• 4 week days (mix of early/lasts between 8am – 7pm)
• A share of Saturday working (time in lieu for Saturday hours)
• No more than 40 hours in total including Saturdays (FTE)
• No out of hours
Practices that truly look after their team members are hard to come by. That's where White Cross Vets stand out. Our super Guiseley team are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join our small animal practice. The practice is well equipped with dental radiography, digital X-ray, high quality ultrasound including cardiac capabilities, comprehensive in-house haematology and biochemistry, digital urinalysis, ECG and tonovet. We have an ophthalmology certificate holder on site who takes referrals from other clinics, a medicine cert holder, and two other vets are currently studying for certificates in dentistry and diagnostic imaging. Our caseload is varied, with a medical bias. We have a fantastic and proactive nursing team, who run their own consults.
Guiseley is a supportive and friendly team who have regular social meetings outside of work. During COVID we still managed a few Zoom quiz nights! We are fortunate that the practice is in a lovely part of suburban Leeds: we have a well-established client base with a high number of insured pets which enables us to work up most cases thoroughly. We are also fortunate to have the White Cross Vets Group Central Team Support Office upstairs, for additional practice management support.
We are looking for a highly motivated veterinary surgeon who can thrive in our high-quality practice. Confident and professional, you will be able to work with sole charge. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
• Preferably a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Small Animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
• Increasing holiday based on length of service
• Extra day of holiday on your birthday
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private health insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Up to four days PETernity leave
• Contribution towards purchasing a Fitbit and weekly leader board challenges
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Practice social events
• Opportunity for career development
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
• Paid bereavement leave
• Service related company sick pay
• Social events
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH3928 when applying for this role.
Address: 8 Bradford Road, Guiseley, Leeds, Ireland