Veterinary Surgeon Required At Stamford Vets - Stamford.
2 weeks ago
Stamford, Lincolnshire, United KingdomThe Role
We are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon who wishes to further develop their career enabling us to offer new and exciting disciplines within our ever-growing and evolving first opinion and referral practice. Candidates studying towards or holding a postgraduate qualification are encouraged to apply.
Details of working hours are set out below.
• 4 days per week
• On call rota is 1 in 6 , OOH equally shared (we are proud to offer our clients our own out of hours service)
• 1 in 6 weekends on duty with a day off in lieu the following week (with the help of experienced nursing and support team to assist you)
About the practice
We are a first opinion and cardiology referral practice in the pretty market town of Stamford, Lincolnshire. We are surrounded by gorgeous countryside and good access to A1, with Rutland Water only 4 miles down the road.
You will be joining a progressive team of 5 vets (including a RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Small Animal Cardiology and another studying towards the certificate in Internal Medicine ), 8 nurses & 8 support staff who are proud to offer our clients a high standard of clinical expertise and patient care.
Our aim is to offer a good work/life balance in a friendly, relaxed working atmosphere. We are well equipped with excellent equipment and facilities such as two operating theatres, separate hospitalisation areas for cats and dogs (we are an accredited Silver ISFM practice), digital radiography, endoscopy, advanced Doppler ultrasound, Holter monitor, tonometer, diamond burr and other dedicated ophthalmic equipment, multi-parameter units, in house laboratory and more.
We are looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon confident with routine surgery and medical cases – of course help is available when needed. Study towards certificate qualification is supported with generous CPD allowance and allocated study time. Certificate holders are encouraged to apply.
Benefits Veterinary Surgeon (pro rata)
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave (extendable if studying towards a certificate)
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum (study towards certificate fully funded)
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Job Ref: BH2189
Address: 32 Main Street Great Casterton, Stamford, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom