Surgical Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, West Derby
1 month ago
Up to £68,000 DOE
White Cross Vets, West Derby
West Derby, Liverpool, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Surgical Veterinary Surgeon to join our team here at White Cross Vets, West Derby!
There is scope for this position to be full or part-time hours and we are proud to say that we are flexible in our approach to rotas and your work-life balance. There are no out-of-hours with this role. Our full-time veterinary surgeons would usually work 40 hours, 4 days per week.
We can offer a wide range of working patterns including school hours, term time and so many weeks on, followed by so many off. We value work-life balance above all else as we would like our team to feel refreshed, motivated and happy!
The salary for the role is up to £68,000 depending on experience.
White Cross vets is a family! We value people above all else and it shows. Our aim is to be the place of choice for veterinary professionals by leading the way with our approach to managing clinics and teams. There is a huge emphasis on well-being and balance, which is why our approach to working hours and rota’s is open and flexible.
The wellbeing of our teams is important to us. We make time each month for tools to be set aside and for teams to spend time with one another in wellbeing sessions. Our support manager, Claire, encourages feedback from teams on one another - the good kind - the kind where we celebrate personal wins and reward our people! Your colleague may have had a really tough week - you can feed that back and we may offer them extra time off in the form of a wellbeing day. Another may have gone above and beyond - feed that back and we can send them a treat! It is all about the people for us, we are here for you.
Our practice is also just a short drive to the closest train station where you can catch a 10 minute train into Liverpool City Centre.
About the Team and Culture
Our West Derby practice is a single site small animal practice with 3 consult rooms, an in-house laboratory, digital x-ray, dental x-rays, and theatre as well as separate dog and cat wards. We also offer tonometry, ultrasound, and utilise multi-parameter monitors and Bair huggers to enable us to offer our patients a high level of care.
We are a friendly and welcoming team, with a wealth of experience, allowing us to provide you with plenty of support. We are keen to support professional development and invest in our team members and have 2 team members currently undertaking further certificates. Our vets, Alex and Sophie are both very experiences. Sophie is interested in medicine and ultrasound and is currently setting up a cat friendly clinic with our Head Nurse. Alex is interested in ophthalmology, medicine and general surgery. Alex is also our Clinic Director and is keen to help develop his team in each of their interests.
We also have a very experienced and supportive nursing team with two of our nurses currently undertaking further certificates.
We look forward to welcoming an enthusiastic RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon to our team. We are looking for a team player who supports and believes in a culture of quality care to the highest standard for our visiting pets and clients.
• Experience in a Small Animal practice
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
• Someone with a surgical bias would enjoy this role however this is not essential
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 7 weeks holiday including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Up to 4 days paternity leave for new pets
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Access to Simply Health
• Non-accidental injury support
• Private medical insurance
• £1500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH8071.
Address: 200-202 Muirhead Avenue, West Derby, Liverpool, United Kingdom