Lead Veterinary Surgeon Required At Barrier Animal Care Clinic
Up to £75,000 DOE
Barrier Animal Care Clinic
Charlton, London, United Kingdom
Barrier Animal Care Clinic have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to come in and make it their own practice. This is a varied position where you will have the opportunity to run the Practice the way you want with the support of the Practice Director and wider team. You will be involved in managing and building the team, as well as a mixture of consults and surgery. No day is the same and we see a varied caseload of small animals. The role is currently sole charge but we are wanting to expand our team, which you will be heavily involved in.
Work / Life balance is important to us therefore we are flexible with how many days / hours a week you would like to work such as a 4-day week. No weekends and no OOH.
- Salary is up to £75,000
- Relocation Allowance paying up to £5,000, (subject to eligibility)
- Welcome Bonus paying up to £5,000
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
Barrier is situated in a great location with fantastic transport links, green spaces. The Practice was refurbished two years ago therefore we have a top of the range ultrasound machine, digital x-ray, endoscope, ventilator, exotic ward, separate cat, and dog waiting area. We also have a large team room which is separate from the practice, giving you a quiet place to have your lunch / break.
About the Team and Culture
We are a small but very experienced team consisting of 1 RVN, 1 SVN, 1 VCA and a Receptionist. You would be working alongside a Head Veterinary Nurse, SVN and a VCA who are excited about this new opportunity and all very supportive. You will also be working alongside a supportive Practice Director who has been working in the industry for over 10 years. We are hugely supportive of each another and are constantly striving to improve the care we provide to our clients and patients alike. We also have the help and support of a visiting specialist orthopaedic surgeon, if needed. We also support the RSPCA C4 charity for cat neutering. CPD’s are supported and encouraged.
We ideally would like an experienced vet who is keen to progress their career and put their own mark on the practice.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• 6.6 weeks number of holidays including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,200 per annum CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
• Certificate support (not standard, needs confirmed for each advert)
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7443.
Address: 32 Hardens Manor Way Eastmoor Place, Charlton, London, United Kingdom