Veterinary Surgeon Required At Barrier Animal Care Clinic In Charlton, London
Up to £70,000 DOE
Barrier Animal Care Clinic
Charlton, London, United Kingdom
We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to join our team at Barrier Animal Care Clinic. You will be sole charge initially, responsible for a mixture of consults and surgery, however we are looking to expand our team.
We would welcome full time or part time applicants and we can accommodate working days / hours to suit you, for example around school runs etc. Overall, we offer a great work / life balance with no weekends or OOH.
- Salary is up to £70,000 DOE.
- Relocation Allowance paying up to £5,000, (subject to eligibility)
- Welcome Bonus paying up to £5,000
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
Barrier Vets are a small animal practice including exotics, so every day is different! We are an RCVS accredited SA practice situated in SE London by the Thames with excellent transport links and green spaces nearby. The practice is very well equipped with digital x-ray, endoscopy, ultrasound and full lab facilities on site.
About the Team and Culture:
We are a small but very experienced team consisting of 1 RVN, 1 SVN, 1 VCA and a Receptionist. You would be working alongside a Head Veterinary Nurse, SVN and a VCA, who are excited about this new opportunity and all very supportive. You will also be working alongside a supportive Practice Director, who has been working in the industry for over 10 years. We are hugely supportive of each another and are constantly striving to improve the care we provide to our clients and patients alike. We also have the help and support of a visiting specialist orthopaedic surgeon, if needed. CPD’s are supported and encouraged.
We are looking for a confident, experienced vet who is happy to work sole charge until we secure a second Vet to work alongside them.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• 6.6 weeks number of holidays including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,200 per annum CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
• Certificate support (not standard, needs confirmed for each advert)
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7445.
Address: 32 Hardens Manor Way Eastmoor Place, Charlton, London, United Kingdom