Veterinary Surgeon Required At Easipetcare, Streatham
between £55,000 to £65,000 depending on experience.
Streatham, London, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our supportive and friendly team here at easipetcare, Streatham! As a Veterinary Surgeon of easipetcare, you will be working closely with the Senior Veterinary Surgeon and Practice Principal to champion high standards of patient care within the practice. The role provides a varied consulting caseload that will allow the less experienced to hone their skills and will keep the experienced vet stimulated. Surgery is on a rotational basis within the team with an interesting mix of soft tissue surgery, imaging and dentistry planned for surgical days, this is supported by an experienced nursing team.
Consultations are 15mins, with admin time incorporated into your diary allowing you to focus on delivering patient care, without the pressure of needing to squeeze admin in between. Teamwork is very important to us and we encourage knowledge-sharing on cases to ensure good patient outcomes. We are supported by VetCT tele-radiology as well as unlimited VetCT telemedicine support for those trickier cases.
Fix or flex – work life balance that works for you
We would welcome both full and part time applicants. Typically, this position is full time over 4/5 days per week, working a combination of early shifts (8am-4.30pm) and late shifts (11am – 7.30pm), with 1:3 Saturdays and no OOH! However, we understand that one size doesn’t necessarily fit all, and so we offer flexible working patters that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to fix or flex your work patterns, we can find the right solution for you.
The Salary for this role is between £55,000 to £65,000 depending on experience.
Relocation Allowance up to £3,000
At easipetcare we pride ourselves on offering high quality vet care at prices affordable to all. We take pleasure in being able to offer a full range of first opinion veterinary services at affordable prices. Our practice is in a superb location being just a 5-minute walk from Norbury train station. The clinic has light, large and airy consult rooms, dedicated x-ray, and ultrasound room; modern theatre and prep area; in house lab; dental machine and separate cattery and kennels. We also have the tools for basic orthopaedics available for suitably experienced candidates.
About the Team and Culture
Our friendly team consists of 3 Vets, 1 Head RVN, 2 ANA's, 3 receptionists and a highly experienced Practice Principal. We strongly encourage the learning and development of our team and CPDs/regular case discussions are supported. Our highly experienced Practice Principal regularly provides rewards to our team with Costa Fridays and our monthly practice star award celebrates our employee’s achievements.
Our Vet Surgeon, Valerie said "Having an amazing team is so important when you are aiming to provide the optimal care for your patients and I cannot ask for a better team! Everyone is supportive and having an all rounded mentor has definitely led me to have an exponential growth in medical and surgical
• Champion of our core values
• Ability and willingness to share knowledge and mentor/be mentored by others
• Contribute to the practice protocols to facilitate the continuous improvement of clinical standards
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Approachable, caring, and empathic whilst instilling a positive “can do” attitude amongst fellow colleagues.
• Be passionate about all aspects of your veterinary work
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH8165.
Address: 3-7 Hermitage Lane, Streatham, London, United Kingdom