Veterinary Surgeon Required At Ashleigh Vet Centre - Manchester.
1 month ago
Ashleigh Veterinary Centre
Whalley Range, Manchester, United KingdomThe Role
The position is a great opportunity for a recent graduate keen to develop foundation skills in all aspects of medical, surgical, emergency and critical care across a diverse range of companion animal species. We are a busy, bustling practice that is well respected, with a fabulous reputation in the community and a lovely client base. The shift pattern runs on a 4-week rota as per below.
• Week 1 – Monday-Friday (8am to 4pm), Saturday-Sunday (11.30am to 7pm)
• Week 2 – Monday and Tuesday off, Wednesday-Friday (8am to 4pm)
• Week 3 – Monday-Sunday (7pm to 8am)
• Week 4 - Off
Day time work is working alongside more experienced clinicians, dealing with your own cases - both medical and surgical. Night work involves managing the inpatients and dealing with any urgent cases that need attention. A more experienced Veterinary Surgeon is always on back up to offer assistance if needed.
We are a busy, bustling practice, with interesting cases, and are well respected in the local community, with a fabulous reputation, and have a lovely client base. At Ashleigh Veterinary Centre we offer a competitive salary, a supported team, well-equipped Tier 2 practice, and the opportunity for career development. We have been proudly caring for family pets for over 56 years! Lots of chocolate, cake and biscuits and a funded Christmas party (when possible). A good sense of humour and team spirit is a must!
This role would suit either a new graduate wanting to develop foundation skills in all aspects of medical, surgical, emergency and critical care across a diverse range of companion animal species, or this role could be tailored to suit a more experienced vet wanting a part time night role.
Benefits (Subject to pro rata)
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Job Ref: BH2135
Address: 221 Upper Chorlton Road, Whalley Range, Manchester, United Kingdom