Veterinary Surgeon Required At Atherton Veterinary Centre
4 months ago
Up to £63,000 DOE
Atherton Veterinary Centre
Atherton, Manchester, United Kingdom
Atherton Veterinary Centre is looking for an associate Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. We are a busy general small animal practice so you will get lots of experience in a very supportive practice environment where case continuity is strongly encouraged. The consulting and surgery rotas are shared equally.
Here at Atherton Veterinary Centre, we are dedicated to our staff and we understand the importance of a work life balance. We would like to offer the right candidate the option of either a 4-day working week (08:30 – 18:30), or 5 days per week with 2 longer days (08:30 – 18:30), 2 shorter days (08:30 – 16:00) and then 1 half day (08:30 – 13:30). There is a 1:5 Saturday rota (shifts are 08:30 – 12:30). No out of hours or on call required! We aren’t open on Sundays or bank Holidays. Part time applicants could be accommodated, and we can be flexible to suit yours and the practices needs.
What’s on offer?
A salary of up to £63,000 depending on experience.
Accommodation support, We can arrange to pay for a rented property for 3 – 6 months whilst you settle in to the area. We’re also happy to cover interview expenses!
A welcome bonus of £2500 for new hires.
Certificate support, particularly to those with an interest in medicine.
Atherton Veterinary Centre is a long-established general small animal practice. The practice is located very close to excellent motorway links to the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and the coast. The bright lights of Manchester are 20 minutes away.
The premises are purpose designed and is fully equipped with 4 consultation rooms, 2 theatres, an imaging room, a laboratory, a large prep room, separate dog, cat, and isolation wards.
Currently, our team consists of 6 Veterinary Surgeons, 9 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 4 Support Staff, and Student Nurses. Our staff have access to a dedicated mental health first aider on shift, there’s always someone to support you on the more challenging days. There’s always something going on outside of work we have our annual Christmas party which involves plenty of delicious food and drink! We meet up outside of work, recently we’ve been bowling, dog walking and enjoyed meals together as a team. We also run an in house CPD lunch every month! The team have a wide range of interest across GP practice, case continuity is easily supported and encouraged.
We are looking for a qualified Veterinary Surgeon ideally with experience but there is excellent support for a less experienced Vet.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 5 weeks annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support (not standard, needs confirmed for each advert)
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7068.
Address: 124 Bolton Road, Atherton, Manchester, United Kingdom