Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, Newton Hyde
Up to £57,000 DOE
White Cross Vets, Newton Hyde
Hyde, Manchester, United Kingdom
We are looking for a full time or part time veterinary surgeon to join our Hyde team, with occasional work from our Walkden practice when required.
As one of the top employers in the UK, we offer candidates an excellent package with the opportunity to enjoy a superb work/life balance. The working pattern is 4 days per week with a share of Saturday mornings, with time given back in lieu. We offer no OOH and a competitive salary.
Duties include providing high quality clinical care to all pets and outstanding client experience and help to create and maintain an efficient clinic. Mixture of surgery and consults each day, minimal sole charge.
Salary for the role is up to £57,000 depending on experience.
At White Cross Vets, we have 21 clinics across the UK. All of our clinics have teams with different interests, with team members undergoing further training by certificates or having those that have achieved certificate status. Being part of something bigger, offers a fantastic level of support on a wider group level and allows us to grow and develop a higher quality first opinion pet care, whilst providing internal career progression opportunities.
Our veterinary team enjoy all aspects of general veterinary practice and have a wealth of experience. Our Clinic Director has an internal medicine certificate and alongside our other two Senior Vets, loves to tackle all aspect of soft tissue surgery. One of our Senior Vets has a certificate in dentistry and is offering a referral service to the White Cross Group. In addition to this our fourth vet has a keen interest in exotic pets. The team are extremely passionate about providing a gold standard first opinion service and feel that having a vet with a consultation bias, would offer support and development in this area
The Hyde practice has a close link with our Walkden clinic with the Clinic Director at Hyde also being the Clinic Director at Walkden and this increases the services we can offer even further.
The Hyde practice has great facilities including 4 consult rooms, cat ward, dog ward, operating theatre, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound and access to endoscope if needed. There is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to lead consultation development, alongside the HVN. As a group we fully support further training/certification.
About the Team and Culture
One of the best parts of working at Hyde is the enthusiastic team who work closely together. We love to bond over our shared love of food with regular meals out together, along with regularly partaking in some serious competition with the local pub quiz and “Breakout” rooms. There are also some very active members of the team, who join forces in training for 10k’s and our weekly Fitbit challenge.
This vacancy has been released due to continued growth at Hyde and therefore it’s important that the successful candidate has the following skills/attributes:
- Drive to work towards clinical excellence within first opinion practice
- Passion for small animal medicine
- Confidence in making strong clinical recommendations and being able to coach less experienced team members in making these
- Confidence in supporting less experienced team members with further medical work ups, which will arise from clinical recommendations
- Leadership qualities to enable successful support of less experienced team members
- Quality: the desire to provide a high standard of veterinary medicine, to the pets under our care
- Integrity: working with the clinical team to drive the strong White Cross principles that the group adheres to, in an honest manner
- Responsibility; to the pets under our care, making strong and confident clinical recommendations with the support of the team and the White Cross group
- Growth: to be passionate in wanting to progress your clinical knowledge and skill development, which in turn contributes to the growth of the practice and the clinical team
- RCVS registered
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 7 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6922 when applying for this role.
Address: Talbot Road, Hyde, Manchester, United Kingdom