Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets - Sale, Manchester.
2 months ago
White Cross Vets
Sale, Manchester, United KingdomThe Role
We are offering the opportunity for a motivated Veterinary Surgeon to join our Walkden and Sale teams on a part time basis. You will work be required to work 3 week days (8:30-7) and a share of Saturdays (8:30-12:30) – 30 hours in total, with time given back for Saturday hours. No OOH. There will be a mixture of surgery and consults each day, with minimal sole charge.
Both branches have dedicated operating theatres, separate dog and cat ward areas, digital x-ray facilities, dental x-ray, ultrasound. Sale is a newly built practice opened in 2019, nice and spacious and modern. It is smaller, but growing practice with a nice client base. Walkden is a well-established practice with an interesting case load and most of the team have been at the practice a while and are experienced. The two teams have recently merged and are friendly, welcoming and hard working.
Practices that truly look after their team members are hard to come by. That's where White Cross Vets stand out. We have featured in the Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work for 6 years running and offer exclusive benefits across all our branches. Wellbeing and charity work are also a priority for us.
We are looking for a confident veterinary surgeon who can thrive in our high-quality practice. You must be happy with most aspects of general surgery, dentals and dental x-rays. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike. You will be RCVS registered with some experience working in UK small animal practice. Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team are essential. We are looking for like-minded professionals with a passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service.
Benefits (Subject to pro rata)
• Generous holiday allowance
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
• Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Practice social events
• Opportunity for career development
• Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Enhanced parental leave pay
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Job Ref: BH1958
Address: 147 Cross Street, Sale, Manchester, United Kingdom