Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, Sale
11 months ago
Up to £45,000 DOE
White Cross Vets, Sale
Sale, Manchester, United Kingdom
Our Sale practice is currently experiencing an exciting period of growth and development, and as result we have a fantastic new opportunity available for a Veterinary Surgeon who is looking to take the next step in their career. This role will be a general practice Vet role with a mix of consultations and surgical cases, with the support of a highly experienced and progressive clinical team.
The role will be a full-time role (40 hours per week), with a share of Saturday mornings (08:30-12:30 with TOIL given for each weekend worked). Our out of hours is provided by Vets Now, Manchester. At White Cross Vets, our teams’ work-life balance and wellbeing are always top priority. As a group we are trialling a flexible rota in several clinics, so we’d love to discuss the specifics of how you could work the above hours, with you.
We currently have 21 clinics across the UK. Our clinics have teams with different interests, with team members undergoing further training by certificates or having those that have achieved certification status. Being part of something bigger offers a fantastic level of support on a wider group level and allows us to grow and develop a higher quality of first opinion pet care.
The salary will be up to £45,000, dependant on experience.
About our Team/Culture
The team at Sale are extremely hard-working team but we also love to have a laugh whilst we work. We are currently arranging team days out in the new year, escape rooms, cocktails and kayaking to name just a few. We are a clinically progressive practice, so our ideal candidate would be a vet who wants to provide a high-quality service to the pets under their care but is also a team player that would love to get involved in our organised activities outside of work. Between us we have a lot of experience and would be happy to mentor & coach someone who feels they would benefit from some extra support.
We have many stand out benefits available to us, for example it’s great that we get our birthday off every year and that we get up to 3 of our own pets on the Complete Wellness Plan for free. Did we mention work life balance is top of our agenda?
About the Practice
Sale is a new, purpose-built practice with great facilities including 4 consult rooms, cat ward, dog ward, operating theatre, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, and brand-new laparoscopic equipment. Both of our vets are extremely experienced and have further certificates in surgery, which will enable the successful candidate to have copious amounts of support, allowing them to progress with confidence into the next stage of their career. Due to the vet teams’ skill set, the clinic routinely offers more advanced surgical support to the White Cross clinics in the North-West region, meaning there is the opportunity to experience a varied caseload.
Our experienced team also benefits from a clinic manager/HVN, alongside 2 nurses and 2 client care co-ordinators. We are working towards the IVC Evidensia patient safety award and one of our nursing team has a keen interest in behaviour and has undergone further training, so we are keen to develop this service at clinic level.
This vacancy has been released due to continued growth at Sale and therefore it’s important that the successful candidate has the following skills/attributes:
- Demonstratable experience with general veterinary consultations, and therefore confident in making strong clinical recommendations with clinical team support
- Competence in routine surgical procedures
- Quality; the desire to provide a high standard of veterinary medicine, to the pets under our care
- Integrity; working with the clinical team to drive the strong White Cross principles that the group adheres to, in an honest manner
- Responsibility; to the pet’s under our care, making strong and confident clinical recommendations with the support of the team and the White Cross group
- Growth; to be passionate in wanting to progress your clinical knowledge and development, which in turn contributes to the growth of the practice and the clinical team
- RCVS registered
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- Extra day of holiday on your birthday
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Up to 3 pets on our wellness plan (free consults, flea, worm, and more)
- Contribution towards purchasing a Fitbit and weekly leader board challenges
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Practice social events
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please use BH4611 as a reference when applying for this role.
Address: 147 Cross Street, Sale, Manchester, United Kingdom