Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, St Helens.
White Cross Vets, St Helens
Eccleston, Merseyside, United KingdomThe Role
We are currently looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team in St Helen’s, Merseyside. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week over 4days 8:30am-7:00pm with a share of the Saturday rota 8:30am-12:30pm. Time in lieu is given back for all Saturday hours and there are no out of hours. Each day will include a mixture of surgery and consults, with minimal sole charge.
Practices that truly look after their team members are hard to come by and that is where White Cross Vets stand out amongst the rest! Our super purpose-built St Helens clinic has four consulting rooms with one used purely by our Veterinary Nurses. The practice has separate cat and dog wards and is fully equipped with operating theatre, digital x-ray, and dental x-ray, full in house IDEXX lab, ultrasound and multi parameter monitoring equipment. The team at St Helens are keen on staff wellbeing and welfare with fortnightly team meetings and a wellbeing meeting every two months. The team enjoy regular group meals out, social gatherings and baking for the practice (Covid19 allowing). We encourage new ideas and openly will ask all team members for their opinions on decision making. We are a training practice for Student Veterinary Nurses and enjoy teaching and helping each other grow. We have ISFM silver award. We like to hold in house CPD as much as we can and get speakers into the practice to give us updates on new products.
We are looking for a highly motivated Veterinary Surgeon who can thrive in our high-quality practice. Confident and professional, you will be able to work with sole charge. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility, and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with the team to provide a quality experience for pet owners and pets alike.
Our ideal candidate must:
• Be experienced in the UK and Small Animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Have strong communication skills
• Can work well within a team
• Have a passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Have a desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
• Generous holiday allowance
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1500 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Extra day of holiday and a personalised gift on your birthday
• Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Practice social events
• Opportunity for career development
• Contribution towards a Fitbit and weekly challenges
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Enhanced parental leave pay
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
When applying for this position please quote job reference BH2896.
Address: 2-3 Millfields Court Millfield Road, Eccleston, Merseyside, United Kingdom