Veterinary Surgeon Required At Springfield Veterinary Surgery
4 months ago
up to £68,000 per annum depending on experience.
Springfield Veterinary Surgery
Midhurst, United Kingdom
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join us at Springfield Vets. With excellent clinical exposure and the autonomy over your caseload, you will have a varied working day at Springfield Vets, with a mix of surgery and consults.
The position is full time, 4.5 days per week plus 1:3 Saturday mornings. Same shift pattern each week 08:30-18:30 and 09:00-13:00 on a Saturday. No OOH. We are flexible to be able to consider part time applications for the right individual.
Salary of up to £68,000 per annum depending on experience.
We are a friendly, relaxed practice in the middle of The South Downs National Park – a lovely position in Midhurst. There is plenty of parking at the practice due to our spacious location. We are excellently equipped with a brand new x-ray machine, in house IDEXX, ultrasound and usual theatre monitoring and Burtons dental machine.
About the Team and Culture
We have an established and knowledgeable team here at Springfield Veterinary Surgery. Currently consists of 3 part-time Veterinary Surgeons, 1 full-time and 3 part-time Registered Veterinary Nurses, 4 part-time Receptionists, and the Practice Manager who has been in the veterinary industry for 10 years. We have a positive, friendly working culture in practice and support the clinical development of each other, as well as providing a secure support network for the day-to-day.
We are looking for a friendly and dynamic vet to help guide the business. We are seeking a Vet that has proven small animal experience post qualification. You will have a real chance to have autonomy with your cases, therefore you will be an effective communicator and have a positive can do attitude.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• 6.6 weeks number of holidays including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 per annum CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
• Certificate support (not standard, needs confirmed for each advert)
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5087 when applying for this role.
Address: Hannam House, Midhurst, United Kingdom