Small Animal Or Mixed Vet J146004
Negotiable per Annum
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Exciting opportunity for a Small Animal (or Mixed) Vet to join a growing 8-site practice, with an excellent reputation, in the Newcastle Area.
An rare opportunity to join a growing 8-site vet practice has become available in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. With a 24hr hospital and 7 1st opinion practices spread across the city, this is an excellent opportunity to join an extremely well-established and forward thinking group with all the modern equipment you need to provide the highest level of care to your patients, including: dental equipment, radiography, ultrasonography, endoscopy, ECG and in-house laboratories. The practice is predominantly small animal, however there is approximately 10% equine and 5% farm work so experience in these areas would be beneficial but not essential.
This role is open to those looking for either a full or part time position. Not only will the successful applicant benefit from the opportunity to work in the vibrant city of Newcastle, but you will also have the opportunity to tailor your work to suit your interests to some degree i.e. if you have an interest in surgery you will have the opportunity to spend more time at the 24hr hospital. Ideally you will have a minimum of 12 months experience, though less will be considered, and must also be comfortable being part of a fairly shared out of hours rota. In return for your commitment to providing the highest level of care and service to your patients and their owners, you will receive a competitive salary in recognition of previous experience, industry leading holiday allowance, a company car, lots of in-house CPD, accommodation (or allowance if preferred), healthcare and much more.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the best practices in the North East, so if you are interested, simply apply below or contact us for more information.
- Well established mixed practice (predominantly small animal) with excellent reputation in the Newcastle area
- 8-sites consisting of 1x 24hr hospital and 7x 1st opinion branches, all with full operating theatres of their own
- Case-load split approx 85% smallies, 10% equine, 5% farm
- Excellent facilities including: Dental equipment, radiography, ultrasonography, endoscopy, ECG and in-house laboratories
- Fully-equipped operating theatres at every branch
- Role can be tailored to some degree to suit your interests
- Full time or Part time considered (anything from 2 to 5 days a week)
- 1 night a week on call and 1 in 6 weekends, no night on call the following week PLUS the following Friday or Monday off to make a long weekend.
- 1 in 3 Saturday mornings (one of which is tied into weekend on call)
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary in recognition of previous experience
- Lots of in-house CPD (when able to do so again)
- Company car
- Fuel card
- Accommodation or an allowance is offered if preferred
- 6 weeks holiday
- Professional fees covered
- Mobile telephone
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- You must be registered with the RCVS to practice in the UK
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 1 years experience in small animal work
- You have a friendly and proactive attitude and enjoy forming strong relationships with colleagues and clients alike
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.
Alternatively, to find out more about this role or any other roles that maybe relevant, you can email us at email@example.com or call our Veterinary team on 01423 813453
Tel: 01423 813453
Address: Newcastle upon Tyne, England