Farm Animal Veterinary Surgeon Required At Chapelfield Veterinary Partnership
Up to £53,000 DOE
Chapelfield Veterinary Partnership, Long Stratton
Long Stratton, Norfolk, United Kingdom
We have an exciting position for an enthusiastic Farm Vet to join our experienced 10 vet, 1 TB tester team. We are predominantly a cattle practice, both dairy and beef and also carry out small ruminant work.
The day-to-day duties include routine fertility work, herd health planning, preventative treatments, APHA OV and emergency work.
This is a full-time permanent position, but we would also consider part time candidates.
We encourage a good work life balance with a 4-day week with the OOH rota being 1 in 8 - 1st and 2nd on call weekday and weekends.
This salary for this role is up to £53,000 depending on experience.
We are a large expanding, friendly, progressive practice with an emphasis on routine work and preventative health planning to offer our clients the best possible service for their farm businesses.
We base ourselves out of number of branches in Norfolk and Suffolk.
We have Easy Scan ultrasound machines, tablets with the use of VetImpress software and app for cow-side data analysis. In house laboratory, crush for foot trimming, bull testing, embryo transfer facility and the potential for the right person to develop skills in this service. We have an Equine hospital as part of the wider business, so have use of x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, surgical facilities, and dental equipment.
Farm vets are provided with a kitted out 4x4 company vehicle.
We benefit from an engaged, loyal client base resulting in the potential to make a real difference and the job satisfaction that brings.
We work in the beautiful part of the country with amazing Norfolk and Suffolk coastlines as well as the vibrant city of Norwich with easy links to London.
About the Team
Our team consists of:
• 10 Farm veterinary surgeons (1 certificate holder & 1currently completing a farm certificate)
• 1 Full time TB Tester
• 3 Farm administration support team members and vet nurses to help with procedures
We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Surgeon, but we will also consider passionate farm new graduates. TB OV preferred but not essential.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 5.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Relocation allowance
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6533.
Address: Wellesley Road Tharston Industrial Estate, Long Stratton, Norfolk, United Kingdom