Farm Vet Required At Chapelfield Vets - Long Stratton
Long Stratton, Norfolk, United KingdomProactive Farm Vet team (4 FTE + 1 FTE TB Tester), led by experienced vet, working in the beautiful county of Norfolk. Based near Norwich (listed as one of top places to live in UK), Stansted and Luton airports, and London are all within 2 hours. Plenty of kit available, including easi-scans, bull fertility testing kit and embryo flush/transfer kit. Case load includes dairy, beef, sheep and pigs if you want.
You will bring an enthusiastic approach to providing high quality farm vet work, fitting in with the team and farmers. A desire to continue to learn and help drive the practice forward is also necessary. Currently a 1 in 4 weeknight/weekend rota with time off in lieu for weekend work. VDS cover, workplace pension and private healthcare all provided with a CPD budget of £1200 and 5 days. 33 days holiday plus birthday leave.
A vet with previous experience of working as a farm vet in the UK would be an added bonus. Must be registered with Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and any OCQ-(V) qualifications would be advantageous.
• 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
Address: Wellesley Road, Tharston Industrial Estate, Long Stratton NR15 2PD, United Kingdom, Long Stratton, Norfolk, United Kingdom